• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ab1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    Hey guys...curious if anyone can help me out. The guy I use every year is having some issues and I've had a hard time finding much on the web for another source. Looking for a couple hundred pounds good quality steaks, roasts, ground, etc - butchered and packaged. Does anyone else stock their freezer and can recommend a name or good source to check out.

Thanks

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm sure there will be many recommendations, but not knowing where you're located will be the task. Someone in your area may know someone, but if that person live 200 miles away, their info might well be useless to you.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Hey guys...curious if anyone can help me out. The guy I use every year is having some issues and I've had a hard time finding much on the web for another source. Looking for a couple hundred pounds good quality steaks, roasts, ground, etc - butchered and packaged. Does anyone else stock their freezer and can recommend a name or good source to check out.

Thanks

There was someone in the classifieds selling beef.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If you are interested in driving down to Seymour, Darlage Custom Meats on the West side of town typically has package deals where you can buy bulk beef in that kind of quanities. I'm going Saturday to pick up the 1/4 beef my wife and I purchased from the farmer across the road from us.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My parents went with Atlas in Fishers a couple of times in the 70s, and they have storage available as well. We even got the tongue and tail! Some people are such weenies.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My parents went with Atlas in Fishers a couple of times in the 70s, and they have storage available as well. We even got the tongue and tail! Some people are such weenies.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Archers? Atlas was down in Indy and they've been out of business for years now. Used to love buying beef tenderloins and meatloaf mix from them. One of my favourite stores. Archers is the meat place on 116th and I think they do still do large sales.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    If you are the south side check out Mikey's midway. At the corner of shelbyville and stop 11 rd in Franklin township.

Mike the owner is behined the meat counter and his employees are his two sons, I went to school with one of him. He carries just about anything and can get just about anything he does not have. Cash or check only but they take care of repeat customers and have some of the best meat I have red had. They will also give you samples of the cold cut stuff.

Mom and pop type place, from what I have been told local no hormone beef. Wife thinks she remembering saying they get it from and Amish farm... Could be wrong.

ab1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    Thanks guys! I'll give those places a call. If anyone has more ideas, let me know.

sdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    4 Corners
    I raise beef and hogs and deliver to Darlage Custom Meats in Seymour. I usually have hogs ready to butcher any time, but I only have Angus beef ready to butcher once a year. The next time will be in August and September. We will have several available then.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Smith Family Farms

Smith Family Farms located near Pendleton just off exit 214 (old exit 14). We bought 1/2 a few weeks ago and have before as well. Quality is great, prices reasonable, and we'll continue to do business with them. They even delivered it.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The is also an Archer's Meatpacking in Greenwood....behind Mrs. Curls...you want to be eating ice cream at Mrs. Curls when a cow escapes the pen at Archers...it's pretty funny.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    When I lived on the west side of Indy I would often visit Moody's butcher shop in Avon for the best steaks I've ever had. They have a few shops around Indy, and they have Beef, Chicken, Pork, Lamb, make their own bacon, and eggs. It's been a while since I've been there, but all the beef is raised on the organic farm they own. It's a little pricier, but you're paying for quality.

Moody's Butcher Shop | Your Local Butcher

williamsjr22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    We used to use Boggstown meat locker. I'm not sure if it is still around or not. Boggstown is just outside of Shelbyville.

Top Bottom