• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I want to purchase the Sig "Spartan" 1911 my question is, is this a gun that you would shoot or is this more of a collector gun?

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I just love the look of the grips & the gun itself (I'm a huge fan of the spartan era) which is why I like the gun....I don't like the thought of buying a gun and not shooting (I'm not a collector). But then would hate to see this gun worth some money down the road if its unfired!

@deo62 why change the grips?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Just a little gaudy for my tastes. No other reason. Do love the bronze finish though. As far as the pistol itself, I recently acquired a tacops sig, most accurate 1911 I own.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I say shoot it. With Sig not being a big 1911 name and the Spartan having the Sig profile slide, I doubt you will be able to resell it for a bunch later. So since that's my perception, and since I also recently bought an awesome Sig tacops...I say shoot it! LOTS!

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    I just love the look of the grips & the gun itself (I'm a huge fan of the spartan era) which is why I like the gun....I don't like the thought of buying a gun and not shooting (I'm not a collector). But then would hate to see this gun worth some money down the road if its unfired!
    ?

There you go... You aren't buying it as a collector gun. Shoot it and enjoy it!

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Shoot it, enjoy it, and take care of it! I wouldn't necessarily practice carrying it if you're possibly wanting to collect it down the road, but I wouldn't let that stop me from shooting it. Gun's are meant to be shot (most of the time), but just maybe "baby" it a bit more when it comes to cleaning and storage! Just my .02

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I appreciate all the feedback. The overall consensus is to shoot it. So this will be more exciting when I get it....that it won't be sitting in a safe with me thinking about shooting it...I'll actually shoot it instead of storing it.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Shoot it. Despite what one commentator said about Sigs in the negative, Sigs are infinitely better made than most if not all of the 1911 wannabes except for the likes of Colt, Kimber, WC, EB, SW etc.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I would HOPE this thread is no longer of any value. If the OP hasn't shot it yet, I reverse my position -- he should sell it to someone who will shoot it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The sig 1911s won't ever be really collectable. They're going to be good guns that are meant to be shot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom