• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hellhound1055

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if this should go here in the handguns section or in the accessories section, but I recently purchased a Sig P228 that I plan on carrying concealed. Has anyone else carried one or a similar model, and if so what method did you use. I'm thinking of getting an IWB holster for it, but I'm not certain if it would be the best option. Been eyeballing the galco summer comfort holster for it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am carrying one similar right now, the M11-a1 (I know the difference in them). The summer comfort is always a good IWB option if you don't want to spring for the Milt Sparks VM2. I have mine in a Bianchi 3S. It doesn't conceal as well as the previous 2 but it is easier going on and off.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have carried a 228 for a few years for work, but for over 30 years I have carried a 226 CC in different leather holsters. For a long time now I'm a huge fan of Galcos SC2 horsehide IWB holsters.. Horsehide costs more and is money well spend, better comfort, longer lasting and so on.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I carried a 229 in a crossbreed style hybrid holster and it worked really well. Most important thing to remember is to get a good gun belt. With heavier guns, they really need a solid gun belt or they will constantly move around on you.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was issued a SIG 228. When I carried mine in plain clothes I used a Galco Yaqui belt slid and it worked pretty well under a shirt. You might also look at the Don't Hume 715 series IWB. They ate about the best holster for the money and I have used them exclusively the last 8 ish years

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    cross breed super tuck. Horsehide leather option. Beltman belt. Kydex insert. 3:30 - 4 o'clock carry.

Great at weapon choice , btw. The P228 is a classic.

Top Bottom