• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Was wondering how you all prefer to carry your Sig 938's. The stock holster that came with mine sucks even after some smoothing and time spent working with it. Like how small and simple it is but if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I went to a cheapo nylon one and it also sucks as far as drawing smoothly.

Open minded at this point as far as how to carry it although I like a padal holster so I can easily get it on and off. Does not seem like much is available for this particular gun in the way of holsters.

Let me hear some opinions or places to look please and thank you.

Also is there any aftermarket mags for this thing. I don't want to pay fifty bucks for a short little mag from Sig.

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    I made my own.
    20140410_174559_zps869102b5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    IWB or OWB?

Being the Sig938 is small and minimal I would stick to that. Small gun like that doesn't need a hybrid to evenly distribute the weight on your belt line.

Check out PJ for iwb or Cooks. There are other brands that build very similar holsters. Small clip on holsters are honestly the best.

I love my PJ holster. Simple no clip screws to keep tight no cant adjustments to deal with. Fits the gun like a glove and isn't overly molded on the inside so there isn't pointy spots on the skin. Good luck with your search. I would suggest getting a spare mag from sig then buy aftermarket range mags and extended mags. I wouldn't trust pro mag and other companies for EDC.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    There is most likely a holster maker close to where you live. You should take it to one of them and let them build you a holster. A couple of them are ingo site supporters.
    Good Luck. It might take 3 holster till you really find one you like.

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I usually pocket carry mine in a kydex pocket holster. It's comfortable and conceals really well. And I don't wear baggy jeans. Kydex is the way to go with a pocket holster. No extra bulk. Actually it's better than my Kahr P380 with no holster.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not a big guy (6', 160 lbs) so I sometimes struggle with concealing IWB pistols. I've had the most luck with Kydex only holsters (with no leather backing). The bigger holsters with leather backings are too bulky for my clothes and make the holsters thicker. Kydex only holsters are very thin and disappear.

I carry my P938 in a Gunners Custom Kydex Holster:

Gunner's Custom Holsters Sig IWB CCW Holster sweat Guard Attached Clip Tuckable | eBay

It conceals very well and easily disappears. It is also very comfortable. Here are some pics below. Sorry if the mirror shot is too much...I just wanted to provide some context:

2wm1jww.jpg

2efrnfc.jpg

301j586.jpg

11ik32x.jpg

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I picked up a Stoner holster, Holsters by Stoner Holsters Stoner 415 IWB Holster with Body Shield. Fits like a glove. They have several models available for the 938. I've got three or four of their holsters, and they fit, look, and function great every time. Obviously I'd recommend them (no, I'm not and owner or investor, just products!)

Same holster for me and I could not be happier. Very comfortable and secure. Been using Stoner holster for over a year now.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have been using a De Santis 106 79. I did a slight modification to acquire a tighter grip since this holster is actually made for a sub-compact 1911. A couple of stitches at the opening did the trick. It actually works quite well.

Top Bottom