• ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Hey..

I'm starting my search for a new MK25 Sig P226 Navy 9mm pistol and would like some input from some Evansville area guys as to who do you buy from the most?

I've bought a few long guns from Whittakers in KY , but I really don't want to go through all the FFL transfer for a handgun. I have never purchased a gun from any of the evansville area shops so I would like to know who do you like to deal with the most? I have my LTCH so I wont have to wait.

I have heard that Dave's gun shop in Holland is good to deal with, ( I have a cabin at Yellow banks so Holland is right around the corner).

Who else is worth taking a look at?

Thanks
    Dave

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I usually call around a bit before deciding on anything. I'm not loyal to any certain shop, I'm only loyal to my wallet. I too have been looking at this very gun (it's absolutely beautiful), and I know the cheapest I have seen this gun listed is at budsgunshop.com They have it in stock for $885.00 and that does include shipping. If it were me, I'd order from Bud's and have it sent to the shop of your choice. I have used Right to Bear Arms in Haubstadt to transfer my last 3 gun purchases. Their transfer fee is only $15. That is the cheapest anywhere near here believe me, I have called them all. So I hope that helps. Good luck on your purchase!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Have you tried Right To Bear Arms in Haubstadt? I'm very loyal to them, they've always treated me great. Picking up my Rock River .308 today.

They are not pushy at all, so if you are not immediately hit up by a sales person, just ask for help, they're a great bunch of guys/gals.

They didn't have one in stock last I was there (nor did Meeks), but can always order one.

I've been in Meeks, no complaints, much much nicer than Randy's was. They are always friendly, and not pushy as well.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I've never had a problem transferring a gun from Whitaker's. I pay for it there and I pick it up a few days later at Jim Spence's shop on the east side.
    I also like Dave's Gun Shop but I don't know if he sells Sigs much.
    Are you any kind of law-enforcement, firefighter, military-reservist, or anything else that would qualify for Sig's L.E. pricing? If you are, the price on that gun is only $809 + shipping to your local dealer.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I've never had a problem transferring a gun from Whitaker's. I pay for it there and I pick it up a few days later at Jim Spence's shop on the east side.
    Are you any kind of law-enforcement, firefighter, military-reservist, or anything else that would qualify for Sig's L.E. pricing? If you are, the price on that gun is only $809 + shipping to your local dealer.

Damn you Cops and your cheap Sigs and Glocks!!! lol

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

No, just ex-Navy. but thats been 20+ years ago.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Before you go on an out of state shopping spree have your local FFL give you a signed letter appointing you his courier. It would be best to have his FFL number on the letter too in case the dealer doesn't have them on file. You can then buy the gun and take it home. Transfer it at your leisure.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville

What about retired military, they get a discount too?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Hello

Give Jeff and Christina Meeks a try at Meeks Guns in Ft Branch. The shop is the old Randys Sporting goods on Hwy 41. It is across from the VFW with the tank mounted in front of the building.
    Jeff gets all my business!

Meek's Guns

Glen

Thanks for the link, and I stopped in there today also. Very nice people. He gave me a good price on one, but he will have to order it. He had a few new P226 non-navy in stock as well.

I also said I was Ex-Navy and he said I he gives the discount to military vets, also. He is also a member of the Rolling Thunder group and I respect that.

Now I just have to sweet talk the wife into letting get one.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom