• ...and so much more!
  • Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    Hey guys,
    I just bought one of these due to the fact that I cant pop on a .229 just yet. I did a google search and find a lot of negative opinions about this gun. I shot 15 rounds of .357 sig through it this afternoon and it was flawless. So....are there any of you out there who own one that really likes it? I often tend to think that for every one guy complaining online there might be 100 guys who are happy with their purchase and you will never hear from them. I also wonder how many guys who have failure to feed issues use reloads. Too bad we will never know those kind of facts. Any insight would be helpful, but only if you own one and have used it! Not really looking for unfounded opinions. Thanks guys!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    All I know is that they're selling for HALF of what the original price was. That must mean more that just a few complaints.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have one.. I have never had ANY ftf or any other malfunctions.. mine does not get shot very often because i don't like the trigger at all... I am working towards building the range ammo supply to get better with it though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The earliest production guns chambered in non-9mm cartridges had issues. I do think they got those taken care of.

However, they've also undergone a frame redesign and the mags aren't interchangeable between the old style and the new style.

The old style frames have a rounded profile accessory rail. The new style has the ubiquitous Picatinny-style rail. There are also some differences in the grip...which is the reason the mags aren't compatible.

When you're hunting for spare mags, keep the above in mind and be sure not to order the incorrect ones!

-J-

Whitepinedeer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    I just bought P250c and have shot 250 rds with no issues other than it groups 2 inches low @ 10 yards and the DBL action only trigger has a long rest.

ajolvey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    I have a P250C in 40 cal. One of the mags would jam every other round so I replaced it. The new mag came with the baseplate for the newer grips, I simply replaced it with the old baseplate off the old mag. I've had no issues other than that, but I will say it's harder to find parts and accessories for than a Glock. It can be done, but you have to search a bit harder.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I almost bought one when they first came out... Glad I didnt and got a P2000sk instead. Now the p224s are coming out this year, I'm almost positive I'll be getting one of those.... unless they end up with the same initial reports as the p250..... i hope not...

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    I also have one that I have had no problems with. Came in .40 with also the .357 sig barrel as a set. Not real impressed with it, for I am a fan of the true sigs, but it is what it is and is able to function. Plastic was made to compete with the lower priced guns, so you have to compare the prices of the guns and see what is best for you in that range. I think it is good in that catagory.

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    I have the 250 .45 full size I know its not the same caliber or size you are talking about but none the less it is my favorite handgun I own. It has never had an issue. Granted I don't shoot like some but I have put roughly 500 rounds through it and have yet to find anything I dislike. But as someone was saying earlier about the spare magazines I didn't know about that so wanted to thank him for that post. I am looking to get another.

Top Bottom