• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Looks like a great full sized 9MM, but I'm unsure on the DOA trigger. How does the DOA compare to say, the trigger on a Glock, a (older) Smith (4566), or even something like a Kahr?

I've had my hands on a Sig in the past and loved the way it felt, but they're generally pretty pricey. But a brand new, in the box, P250 for <$400 is reasonable and I'd be able to convince myself it has a purpose in my collection... haha.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    The P250 trigger is the closest one to the Sig DAK trigger that I have seen. I felt it was much better than the Glock. One of my grandsons conned me out of mine. If I can ever find a deal, I'll get another.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I shot competitively with a S&W revolver back when revolvers where more common than pistols... So The SIG P250 and the Kahrs DAO feels very familiar to me. I have two Kahrs and a P250 with a conversion slide and the trigger pull on those pistols feel like a very good double action S&W revolver. If you like the P250 but want a more glock like trigger purchase a SIG P320.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The Sig 250 is one of the best kept secrets. Less expensive than a Glock. The 250 has about the lightest and slick DAO trigger short of a custum revolver from bad in the day. They are great guns and anyone that says they can't be shot fast has used a striker fired or 1911 only. Just a little bit of a learning curve. I k ow starting out ba k in the revolver days we had some shhoters with mad skills on DAO revolvers and the best revolver guy could run with a f not run circles around the best DA/SA, SAO or striker fired semi auto guy.

Nothing against any Glock, M&P or 1911 fanboys just DAO guns can be shot great and fast just find someone that knows what they are really talking about to learn from.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I had a Sig P250 a few years ago when they first were introduced. Mine was a .40 caliber compact. It was ok, but I found that I much prefer the shorter trigger stroke and reset of striker fired guns. If you like DAO triggers, though, the P250 is a really smooth one. I just found that it took more effort to be accurate at speed with a long trigger stroke and reset. I had no problems with function or reliability. The gun is a bit flippy compared to one with a lower bore axis like a Glock or M&P, but nothing severe. Just not my cup of tea.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    IMO the P250 DAO trigger is much smoother than a P226 double action. The 250 is light and smooth and very predictable. I never liked the heavy double action of the 226.

I would take a 250 over a 226 any day. I like smooth double action and I hate two trigger pulls in one gun.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I didn't care for them. Maybe because so many of my other handguns have a better reset, but to me unless you really want a DAO trigger I don't see why one wouldn't just buy a 320 or 320C. Much nicer trigger, and much better reset.

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    A lot of good info on the Sig P250. I have debating on getting one for some time now but don't know anyone who actually has one to give me some feedback. Looks awesome but looks arent everything when it comes to trusting it with your life. Look at Glocks, I love them but they are some of the ugliest guns out there but would trust them any day of the week. Love the look of the P250 tho , Man does it look sweet !

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    A lot of good info on the Sig P250. I have debating on getting one for some time now but don't know anyone who actually has one to give me some feedback. Looks awesome but looks arent everything when it comes to trusting it with your life. Look at Glocks, I love them but they are some of the ugliest guns out there but would trust them any day of the week. Love the look of the P250 tho , Man does it look sweet !

If you don't mind DAO guns, then the P250 is a good gun. I haven't looked at prices lately, but a few years ago they were a bit high compared to other polymer guns, but they did have the night sights (at least mine did).

tommy-t

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    DAO guns doesn't bother me, in fact i have a few already. I did see a P250 on Armslist the other day for around $450 and thought that was a good deal.
    I'm not sure what they was when you last checked but that seemed pretty cheap to me but i could be wrong, Haven't done the research

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I had a 250 2SUM for a short time. It had the subcompact and full sized frames.

Plenty accurate, for sure. SigLight night sights, too.

It just wasn't all that comfortable to shoot. The SC was too small in the grip and too tall in the slide. That lead to a "flippy" recoil impulse made worse by not being able to get a good grip on it.

The FS frame was much better handling, but still the same tall slide profile that lead to a somewhat "flippy" recoil impulse.

Trigger is as described above: Quite nice and rather light for DAO. I do not remember my impressions of trigger reset.

That said, I no longer own that 2SUM in favor of a striker-fired platform.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I had a 250 2SUM for a short time. It had the subcompact and full sized frames.

Plenty accurate, for sure. SigLight night sights, too.

It just wasn't all that comfortable to shoot. The SC was too small in the grip and too tall in the slide. That lead to a "flippy" recoil impulse made worse by not being able to get a good grip on it.

The FS frame was much better handling, but still the same tall slide profile that lead to a somewhat "flippy" recoil impulse.

Trigger is as described above: Quite nice and rather light for DAO. I do not remember my impressions of trigger reset.

That said, I no longer own that 2SUM in favor of a striker-fired platform.

Exactly the same thoughts here.

I think at the time the 2SUM prices were around $800. $450 sounds good though. Definitely worth it if that is what you are looking for.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    DAO guns doesn't bother me, in fact i have a few already. I did see a P250 on Armslist the other day for around $450 and thought that was a good deal.
    I'm not sure what they was when you last checked but that seemed pretty cheap to me but i could be wrong, Haven't done the research

Was that a used one? You can get a new P250 at Bud's Guns online for $399 shipped. You'll have to pay an FFL a transfer fee, which can run from $15 to $35 or so, depending on who you use.

Here's one for $389 with a threaded barrel, brand new, 9mm compact: CDNN SPORTS - SIG SAUER P250 COMPACT 9MM THREADED

Don't pay $450 for a used one, I'm just about positive any gun shop can beat that price on a new one. P250's are not in high demand. Decent gun, just not very popular because most people prefer something other than the DAO trigger.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The compact and FS frames are where it's at for the 250, IMO.

I only ever dry-fired the compact at a shop years ago, never fired one.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I had a fleeting fancy for the P250, but that ended back when the P250 was rejected for the ATF service pistol due to reliability issues. The contract was awarded to both Smith & Wesson and Glock.

Summation of the report.

In sum, the record shows that ATF reasonably evaluated the firms' proposals in accordance with the solicitation's evaluation criteria and concluded that Sig Sauer's offer was not one of the "most suitable for performance to the Government" to continue to phase III.

U.S. GAO - B-402339.3, Sig Sauer, Inc., July 23, 2010

Top Bottom