• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is it possible to shoot +P 9mm in Sig's P320? I'm intrigued by the design and am planning on renting one to see if I like the trigger. I'd be carrying it (or whatever 9 I get) at least occasionally, and was wondering about using +P ammo.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    From the SIG website FAQ.

+P Ammo manufactured to SAAMI/CIP/NATO specs is fine to use as a defensive round or for occasional range use. Continual use of this round will make it necessary for more frequent service on the pistol. We do NOT recommend the use of any +P+ round. This may void your warranty.

http://www.sigsauer.com/customerservice/faq.aspx

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just my opinion but forget the +P or +P+ stuff.. IF you hit your target with normal HP ammo it will do the job, if you miss it doesn't matter what you are shooting.
    +P+, RIP, Zombie ammo are all a ploy to get a few extra $$$ out of your pocket.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Just my opinion but forget the +P or +P+ stuff.. IF you hit your target with normal HP ammo it will do the job, if you miss it doesn't matter what you are shooting.
    +P+, RIP, Zombie ammo are all a ploy to get a few extra $$$ out of your pocket. [FONT=&amp][/FONT]

But out of a compact/subcompact pistol, you can see decent gains in lb ft of energy delivered on target. Of course, as you said, you have to HIT your target.

The gains of +p out of a subcompact may not be worth the extra recoil and noise, however.

Modern JHP technology with standard pressure ammunition has really evened out the playing field over the +p stuff - which was a way to compensate for older bullet technology.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    But out of a compact/subcompact pistol, you can see decent gains in lb ft of energy delivered on target. Of course, as you said, you have to HIT your target.

The gains of +p out of a subcompact may not be worth the extra recoil and noise, however.

Modern JHP technology with standard pressure ammunition has really evened out the playing field over the +p stuff - which was a way to compensate for older bullet technology.

Respectfully it is all hype. I use primarily Gold Dots in the 147 gr or 124. I get whatever I can for the price not paying attention to all the hype. All the 9mm JHP today perform well, Standard, Plus P, Plus P Plus etc. The Plus P's are really not a big performer over standard in actual shootings. While the gains are there they are not really enough to make a difference, if a solid hit with a standard pressure 9mm doesn't do it a Plus P with 70-100 FPS is not going to make a different outcome. 20 years ago probably a little but the ammo companies have gotten the whole reliable expansion and penetration down so there really isn't a need for Plus P unless one just wants to by into the hype and regurgitated stories on the old 147 gr from the late 1980's.

Funny how a good solid street proven round has been around for a while but then a new and hyped allegedly improved round comes out and all the sudden the other round quit working "just like that" and you won't live through the night without the latest new hyped round. 9mm Plus P's and Plus P Plus are like the 40 S&W, really not much more performance results but they will batter your frame on your polymer guns to heck.

The same ones repeating those stories about the 9mm 147's from the 1980's as if they are the same round today also thinks 38's will damage a 357 cylinder too! Just an observation form 29 years of carrying a gun and instructing agency wise for about 20 of those years as a living. I always see something I never thought I would see every time I step on a range and I have seen and heard about everything!

Top Bottom