• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Glad you started this thread. I’m carrying one, after much reading about it.

I read the article when you linked it in the other thread, and one of the first things I noticed was her displaying it in a Serpa holster. It’s probably more of a problem that departments are issuing serpa holsters than p320’s, although I’m sure someone will be along with data showing serpa discharges. Maybe none, I don’t know?

Her defense of, “well there’s just no way something got in the trigger guard down inside my purse as I was swinging it around” as her one and only analytical point seems kind of weak. She’s ok with a serpa, so that’s where her standards are. And maybe that’s just for display, we don’t know.

I’m not here to defend my position of carrying one, I’m here to defend the truth like my life depends on it, and look forward to what others have to bring.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I had a chance to pull the trigger on one with an Agency Arms trigger installed
    that adds a blade in the center, similar to most other striker fired pistols. It was not as nice as mine, which has been tuned with a Grayguns rough service/duty trigger with a 6 lb pull.
    The owner said you had to concentrate on being low enough on the trigger as the fulcrum point on the blade was different than standard. I like the idea, but I also like my trigger.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is it possible that under some rare circumstance, the striker catches on something when a round is chambered and then is now, in effect, single action with a compressed striker spring until it clears whatever it was that blocked the striker? Even then, the firing pin safety would prevent discharge though.

My guess is it’s more of a holster issue. Serpa holsters are not tight fitting and the gun will slip out if the catch is depressed. They are not designed for purse use since if the catch gets pushed by something and the pistol slides out of the holster partially, then slides back in with debris in the trigger guard, it may go off.

That’s the only logical thing I can think of.

Btw, that’s a really badly written article done in a way to communicate a conclusion instead of communicating news

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Agreed, and to be clear, we don’t know what holster it was in, in the purse. That could just be a display/transport holster for the litigation, she could be completely squared away for all we know.
    How many cops purse carry?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    True. Could be a common practice for her to take the holster off while at the desk though. Serpa holsters are not comfortable when configured as shown. That might be especially true for a woman's body. I tried the pancake attachment on the Serpa holsters that I've owned in the past and it sucked.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    watch
    A crude animation of how the safety features work, surrounded by a sales pitch. Internals animation comes in at 1:55.

watch
    The Omaha Outdoors vid that really got the ball rolling back in 17 on the drop testing.
    INGO needs to note the guy drop testing in sandals, my man! Also, a comment below video: "guns don't kill people, people kill people", Sig "hold my beer".

I realize these aren't exactly what this thread started as (see avatar) but seem relevant around the whole P 320 conversation.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    I had a P320 I got on a trade. I tried to like it and just couldnt get past the trigger. It just wasnt a gun for me.

I hope the body cam footage referenced in the article comes out. The article makes it sound like the gun clearly discharged as the officers were getting out.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    While we don't know the actual facts (I've had LE staff omit a lot of stuff when investigating ADs in my past agency) There's quite a lot of "signs" in the article/news story that points to her.

And if the serpa holster shown was actual looked it wasn't the proper size as the endnof the gun came through. Which fine if on your belt but presuming it was in the main compartment of a purse with junk everywhere The push button gets release while the purse itself pushes the gun out of the holster feom the mizzel extending past and more junk causes trigger to go bang. They just don't go off

And like the Beretta M9 the Sig 320 drop firing was way over exaggerated

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had a P320 I got on a trade. I tried to like it and just couldn't get past the trigger. It just wasn't a gun for me.
    I hope the body cam footage referenced in the article comes out. The article makes it sound like the gun clearly discharged as the officers were getting out.
    I had a P320 and didn't like the grip angle (preferring SA revolvers or a Glock) and I sold it.
    "But now, P320 is the subject of multiple lawsuits in connection with incidents like Hilton’s, where owners claim the weapon fired without the trigger being pulled."
    Sounds like there may be trouble in paradise for Sig Sauer...

Top Bottom