• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm looking at this from another perspective too. At what point do you have enough rounds through the gun that it's on you to buy the new part? I get it, we have all probably bought a used gun or two on this forum and I know I sure have. The P365 I have on me as I type this was bought used. Despite whatever inspection I do at the time of purchase I also know that I'm taking some degree of risk. I don't know if the guy was running pure crap handloads through the gun or was trying to show off to his friends about how high of pressure he can run through his P365 with his special +P+++++ handloads. I especially don't get being upset about a part that you'd notice was broken in less than 5 seconds if you disassembled to inspect before purchasing.

I just don't get the outrage at Sig here guys. I'm no sig fanboy either, and what they do every time they put out a new product and let their customer base do the R&D for them is reprehensible. I've bought a few sig products over the years and I'll probably never buy any new model of anything they sell until it's been out for a year or two minimum, because I 100% anticipate a safety recal.

Having said that, if you had a used AR-15 and had an extractor break after running it hard for 10,000 rounds would you be upset at the manufacturer or would you realize you just need a new $10 part and that service and maintenance is part of gun ownership. Would you be mad at GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Acura or whoever that you have to maintain your new or used vehicle that you bought?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you bought a great gun with a great reputation for reliability that you have no idea how many rounds had been through it or what type of ammo was run through it. At some point just put your big boy pants on, buy the $35 part from PSA and go enjoy your gun.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I'm looking at this from another perspective too. At what point do you have enough rounds through the gun that it's on you to buy the new part? I get it, we have all probably bought a used gun or two on this forum and I know I sure have. The P365 I have on me as I type this was bought used. Despite whatever inspection I do at the time of purchase I also know that I'm taking some degree of risk. I don't know if the guy was running pure crap handloads through the gun or was trying to show off to his friends about how high of pressure he can run through his P365 with his special +P+++++ handloads. I especially don't get being upset about a part that you'd notice was broken in less than 5 seconds if you disassembled to inspect before purchasing.

I just don't get the outrage at Sig here guys. I'm no sig fanboy either, and what they do every time they put out a new product and let their customer base do the R&D for them is reprehensible. I've bought a few sig products over the years and I'll probably never buy any new model of anything they sell until it's been out for a year or two minimum, because I 100% anticipate a safety recal.

Having said that, if you had a used AR-15 and had an extractor break after running it hard for 10,000 rounds would you be upset at the manufacturer or would you realize you just need a new $10 part and that service and maintenance is part of gun ownership. Would you be mad at GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Acura or whoever that you have to maintain your new or used vehicle that you bought?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you bought a great gun with a great reputation for reliability that you have no idea how many rounds had been through it or what type of ammo was run through it. At some point just put your big boy pants on, buy the $35 part from PSA and go enjoy your gun.

At least from my reading, this happened on one of the first if not the first outing to the range with the gun, and from what I can tell, it appears that the OP purchased the gun new, but that appears to be up to interpretation.

But yes, otherwise, I'd generally agree with you, except you know it would be a voluntary upgrade and not a safety recall ;-) (and that's not Sig bashing, that's true of Glock and a few others on their terminology, though I know some firearms companies actually do issue safety recalls).

LokhXIV

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I'd definitely call back and be more emphatic that it was bought new and it was the first time being shot, Just reading through the conversation, it easily sounds like it was bought used and then it was HIS first time shooting it. I've had issues ( not with sig) with CSRs not understanding what you mean. I bought some ammo from PSA a while back with incorrect listed price (should have known it looked too good to be true). Took several attempts to get them to adjust my cost since they wouldn't take a return on ammo. It was definitely a pain, but once the CSR understood what happened they made it right. I'd try contacting at least once more.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'll put a KUDO in for Leatherman knives here. I've bought and sold a few of the 300s. I got one from Craig'sList with a broken blade for $15.oo. I contacted Leatherman and did not lie. They had me send it in and as far as I could tell they sent ma a new one. I am always on the lookout for one with a broken blade cheap.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

You're not being a jerk and in principle I agree with everything you are saying. If the recoil spring was simply worn out I would expect to replace it but the failure in the pic is something that should never happen to an RSA. As others have said Sig should have wanted to investigate why that type of failure occurred. They tend to let their customers do their Beta testing so like you I don't generally consider their products although the 322 is my favorite 22 trainer none of their center fire offerings hold ANY interest for me.

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    After reading all the responses, I would hope that trebor657 would let the group know whether or not he purchased the gun new or not. If new, call them again, if used, their warranty is very specific to the original purchaser. Not the only manufacturer that does that. Also, if used, go back to where he purchased it from and see if they were the original purchaser and have them call Sig or buy it back. I sold a guy a revolver with a bent barrel that I didn't know about and gave him his money back.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    FINAL UPDATE.....After reading through the responses to this post, I decided to take the advise of some here and contacted Sig customer service once more. I elected to send an email via their website rather than calling....This is the email I sent:
    First NameRobert
    CityFort Wayne IN
    State / Province / RegionIN
    ProductSig Sauer P365
    Serial Number66B98xxxx
    Question / ConcernI recently acquired a Sig P365 with the intention to make it my every day carry pistol. I went to the range today and shot exactly 100 rounds of 9mm Remington Range 115 gr FMJ ammo. When I got home, I field stripped the gun for cleaning and lubrication. I discovered that the guide rod small end has a large piece of metal broken off of it. I have photographs of the rod if you'd like to see them. Please let me know how I can get a replacement guide rod/spring assembly for this pistol. Thank you.
    HiddenCustomer Service Optics
    Thank you, SIG SAUER!

Within a few hours, I got the following email from Sig customer service:

Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer. I am sorry to hear this. Please reply here with some pictures of the concern and we will review and advise.

Kindest,
    Bill Saunders
    Customer Service
    William.saunders@sigsauer.com

1714163297959.png

I sent the pictures of the guide rod as requested and just a short time later I received the following from Sig:

Placed on Apr 25, 2024, 2:55:41 PM​

Details:
    ItemsQtyPrice
    P365 9mm Recoil Spring Assembly1$0.00
    Subtotal$0.00
    Shipping & Handling ((Free Shipping))$0.00
    Tax$0.00
    Grand Total$0.00

Sig Sauer is sending me a new guide rod assembly at no charge...no new or used questions or anything, they stood behind their product period....And to answer the question many had, yes, I bought the P365 used from a local gun shop. I didn't field strip it before purchase and have no idea if the guide rod was defective when I got it....I did tell customer service the first time I called that it was purchased used, it wouldn't have been honest or fair to tell them it was new...It was my first time shooting it when I discovered the issue..... This wasn't about the cost of a new guide rod assembly, this was more about principle to me. I felt that due to the nature of the damage, Sig should at least be aware in case this is something others have experienced. If they had not replaced the part, I would have purchased one myself....

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone (almost) for their suggestions and input....Be safe everyone and thanks again...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Having said that, if you had a used AR-15 and had an extractor break after running it hard for 10,000 rounds would you be upset at the manufacturer or would you realize you just need a new $10 part and that service and maintenance is part of gun ownership.
    What only 10k rds on an extractor. Must have been cheep Chinese made junk obviously.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Obviously a factory defect that they should be happy to correct. A friend had a new 365 that the trigger just went dead after about 200 rounds. Kick them to the curb and don't look back. As an aside, how could they possibly know if you were the original owner or the 10 owner for that matter and why should it matter.?
    Warranty Card, copy if the 4473, the recite when you purchased it. Come on...

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Glad it was a good one. I was a little surprised with the answer you received during your initial phone conversation, and maybe she was having a bad day! I am guessing she was new to SIG and had recently worked for Glock.

Ron

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I’m glad to hear the outcome was good. Guy I know bought a standard 365 and it kept malfunctioning with various kinds of ammo. He called sig and they had no interest in helping him.

I have no dog in the fight, but they do rub me wrong often times with customer relations.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I’m glad to hear the outcome was good. Guy I know bought a standard 365 and it kept malfunctioning with various kinds of ammo. He called sig and they had no interest in helping him.

I have no dog in the fight, but they do rub me wrong often times with customer relations.
    Thats so interesting to me, I can't say on how many times that I have called Sig up to ask questions, buy accessory's or parts and that have always treated me very well. I called and was asking about grip screws for paid of 1980's P226's. We both started laughing that the pistol's from then were not in his database.
    He called me back about 2 days later and asked me how many did I need?
    I said two as both of my pistols from then were missing the same screw.
    They shipped me eight, no charge for 40 year old pistols. But I also have a long track record with them getting pistols re-sprung, rebuilt, refinished and parts ordered.

I always struggle with HK myself.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I bought a used p238 and it had several issues. Was never asked if I bought it new or used. It was several years ago and I don't remember if I paid for any of the shipping but the repairs were free. Entire process was smooth and trouble free.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    FINAL UPDATE.....After reading through the responses to this post, I decided to take the advise of some here and contacted Sig customer service once more. I elected to send an email via their website rather than calling....This is the email I sent:
    First NameRobert
    CityFort Wayne IN
    State / Province / RegionIN
    ProductSig Sauer P365
    Serial Number66B98xxxx
    Question / ConcernI recently acquired a Sig P365 with the intention to make it my every day carry pistol. I went to the range today and shot exactly 100 rounds of 9mm Remington Range 115 gr FMJ ammo. When I got home, I field stripped the gun for cleaning and lubrication. I discovered that the guide rod small end has a large piece of metal broken off of it. I have photographs of the rod if you'd like to see them. Please let me know how I can get a replacement guide rod/spring assembly for this pistol. Thank you.
    HiddenCustomer Service Optics
    Thank you, SIG SAUER!

Within a few hours, I got the following email from Sig customer service:

Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer. I am sorry to hear this. Please reply here with some pictures of the concern and we will review and advise.

Kindest,
    Bill Saunders
    Customer Service
    William.saunders@sigsauer.com

View attachment 349206

I sent the pictures of the guide rod as requested and just a short time later I received the following from Sig:

Placed on Apr 25, 2024, 2:55:41 PM​

Details:
    ItemsQtyPrice
    P365 9mm Recoil Spring Assembly1$0.00
    Subtotal$0.00
    Shipping & Handling ((Free Shipping))$0.00
    Tax$0.00
    Grand Total$0.00

Sig Sauer is sending me a new guide rod assembly at no charge...no new or used questions or anything, they stood behind their product period....And to answer the question many had, yes, I bought the P365 used from a local gun shop. I didn't field strip it before purchase and have no idea if the guide rod was defective when I got it....I did tell customer service the first time I called that it was purchased used, it wouldn't have been honest or fair to tell them it was new...It was my first time shooting it when I discovered the issue..... This wasn't about the cost of a new guide rod assembly, this was more about principle to me. I felt that due to the nature of the damage, Sig should at least be aware in case this is something others have experienced. If they had not replaced the part, I would have purchased one myself....

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone (almost) for their suggestions and input....Be safe everyone and thanks again...
    I don't know of many companies that will warranty a used gun, some like Ruger don't give a written warranty on new guns. Your first post seems to indicate that you were being evasive when answering the question, as to your P365 being new or used. Sig Sauer was under no obligation to send you a new part free of charge. Sometimes it pays to go through the whole story before slamming a company. When you buy a used gun, car, washing machine, et al. You get what you get. Let the buyer beware!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom