• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    Anyone have one of these? I held one in my grubby paws this afternoon and I really like it. Is it worth the extra cheese? I could buy 2 Shields or 2 LC9's or 2 whatever's. I really did like it though. But, I have been known to be a little fickle. I walked away to give it some thought. What y'all think or know about them?

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    938-SAS-AMBI.jpg

This one.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Then no question at all.

I have a 238 in SAS. Love it love it love it. Wish I had one in 938.

Wound up with the extreme. Which has far more aggressive scales. And are kind of uncomfortable in an IWB hybrid holster without an undershirt...

Buy it.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I really like it... But when you put it in the terms of 2 shields it does make it much less attractive.... You could buy a shield, holster, night sights (sig comes with these), and some ammo for the price of the Sig.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'm one of the unfortunate people that had a problem with one. Mine was manufactured in March this year and I bought it in April. I had problems with the slide lock lever working out of the gun and locking the slide in the middle of a magazine. I also had the now infamous problem with the main spring housing (MSH) and sear causing the hammer to ride the slide forward at least once per magazine. I sent mine back to Sig in late September and they replaced the MSH with a new design, replaced the sear and hammer, fixed the spring for the slide lock lever, and they replaced the mag catch and spring as well (because this is also a known problem with this gun - dropped mags - although mine didn't have that problem). I've now put several hundred rounds through with no problems. Note that Sig starting using the new MSH design in the 938 starting sometime in July this year so make sure your manufacture date is July or after. If you can take a look, make sure the MSH looks like the one in the photo below. This is the new design. Also note that there are many who report no problems with their 938.

I also have a P238 that I love and have had no issues with. I got the 938 thinking it would be my perfect little 9mm pocket gun, but after having the problems I got a G43 and that is what now rides in my pocket most of the time. If I need something a tad smaller I pocket the P238 (but I prefer to carry 9mm). Someday when I fully get my confidence back in my 938 I will give it another try.

P938%20Repair%20Updates_zps3vsifdvz.jpg

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I also have a p938. It has been a pretty decent pistol. I'd say I have 1K-1.5K rounds through mine. I love the size, ergonomics, and overall feel of the gun.

I had an issue about halfway through my round count where the sear somehow became disengaged from the hammer/trigger system. I'm by no means an expert on these, so I have no idea exactly what happened. I do know that I had to completely disassemble and reassembly the gun. Although it seems to function now, it was definitely a pain in the ass to put back together. It also makes me feel a little nervous, too. I continue to put rounds down range and it continues to function, so I think I'm good. However, I would be pretty upset if that stopped working when I really needed it :n00b:

Size wise, it is definitely smaller than a shield. If you can manage to conceal the shield, then that could be a better option for you. I wanted something on the smaller end. The P938 isn't much bigger than a Kahr CM9.

For what it is worth, I carry my Smith M&P 340 revolver more than my Sig nowadays. My Ruger LCP still sees more carry time then all of my other pistols combined.

Edit: an afterthought that I had on the trigger. When I first bought mine, the trigger seemed awfully heavy. I was a little disappointed, but it has really smoothed out over the course of my shooting. It wouldn't shock me if it is a pound lighter now...

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Mine has peen perfect for the 2 or 3 years I've had it. I bought it when the first came out, whenever that was. I carry it in either an owb or pocket holster and haven't seen anything that I'd trade it for. The trigger does smooth up after a few hundred rounds or dry fires. If you like it, buy it. I doubt you'll be sorry.

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    I bought one from a fellow INGO member a few months ago and ended up reselling it.
    I loved the size, night sights, and accuracy, but the safety would bite into my hand during firing and the non-captured recoil spring made it a pain to reassemble. I've also heard that they can be ammo picky but I never had a problem.
    So I went back to my Shield. It's a great gun, but I would recommend you rent or find someone who will let you shoot it and take it apart.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I bought one new and thought it would be a good choice for an EDC.

I ended up selling it. Thought the trigger and safety was too stiff. Holster it came with marred up the gun and was useless. Extra mags are expensive. Couldn't get used to the idea of carrying such a small pea shooter.

Feel much better carrying a full size Glock. Never had a function problem with the 938 and it seemed of decent quality. Not sure what one would be good for though. :twocents:

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    It also depends on what you prefer carrying. If you like a single action 1911 style gun with a thumb safety then a P938 could be a good choice. But if you prefer a pull and shoot gun like a Glock or Shield then I'd stick with that style. Just depends on what you train with, how you train, and your personal preferences.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a P238 SAS and love the thing. I'd love to add a 938 to the collection some day for possible pocket carry. Does anyone try to pocket carry their 938? The 238 is perfect for deep concealment pocket carry but the 938 is just a tad larger. Is it too large for the pocket? I've carried a PPK/S in the pocket and it's quite large for that. Heavy too.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I pocket carry mine all the time in a Bullard holster. I usually wear cargo pants which make it a lot easier. My holster has a removable "shape Hider" so it's not obvious what's in my pocket.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I have a P238 SAS and love the thing. I'd love to add a 938 to the collection some day for possible pocket carry. Does anyone try to pocket carry their 938? The 238 is perfect for deep concealment pocket carry but the 938 is just a tad larger. Is it too large for the pocket? I've carried a PPK/S in the pocket and it's quite large for that. Heavy too.

I pocket carry my P938 frequently in a Desantis Nemisis Holster depending on the pants I'm wearing. If the pockets are decent size, I don't have a problem at all. As for the weight, that doesn't bother me either. After a few days of carrying it, you become used it it.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    It is a very light pistol. I found that to be another down fall of it. I was constantly touching it to see if it was still there. I would panic and think I lost it.

Eight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2014
    Central Indiana
    I have had the eqinox since March. I carry it in a simple Remora holster and carry some in pocket but mostly waistband. I have hiked and ridden (peddled)
    miles with it. It conceals very well and I almost forget I have it sometimes. I love the sights and have carried cocked and locked the whole time. The safety has never inadvertently disengaged on me. Only have maybe 300 rounds through it, but have had zero issues so far.

Top Bottom