• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I have a question for anyone who has one, or has shot one? Is this gun worth what they are asking for them? I have a Sig 226 .40 and 228 both with the SRT triggers in them, otherwise stock. not sure if its worth buying one or sending my 228 out for trigger job?

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm looking to get one in 9mm and done a lot research, depending on what price you are looking to pay I think is a better deal than the average 226 since comes with the FO front sight and 4 twenty rdn mags. The only negative that I come across is some mags fail to lock the slide when empty but other than that I say gtg.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    That could be caused by the operator riding the slide release.

This. i'd venture a SWAG that 99% of instances are just that. The way the SIG's slide stop lever is placed, it's very easy to do with a standard thumbs forward grip.

I've had to slighlty alter my grip on every SIG 226 I've owned for that reason.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    So is 750 a good price? Have been looking around and price checking for 9mm full size also.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I seen them ranging from $1000.00 to $1200.00 new.

Didn't catch the 'tac ops' upgrade. Sigs are a little confusing with all their available modifications.

SRT, short reset trigger, did that come on the DAO? Can those be changed over to SA/DA triggers with out much trouble?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Failure to lock is usually due to after market mags. I own and love a Sig p226 that I have owned for ten or more years so far and no intention of selling it. I have no idea whatthey are worth new or used these days but mine cost me $350 without any mags of box or paperwork used at Gander Mountain. I have since installed the short reset trigger set and done some mods to other springs, mag springs and smoothing my trigger pull, all work was done myself and I did fit a threaded barrel here recently in case I wind up suppressing it, which I am still deciding.

Mine is a West German made gun, made in Keil and imported to the USA. It has no rail and I don't think it needs one either. I have replaced the back sight with one that is adjustable and then sighted in by my eye. It is the most accurate pistol I shoot and I carry it, openly, often. One of the major refits is the shortening of the trigger reset and that I have done. It isn't expensive to o so getting a lesser model and then modding it to your likes is the way I prefer to go and what I did in fact.

As far as I am concerned for the 9mm, the p226 is the ultimate military platform and the best self defense gun on the market today. I always find the ones made in West Germany as the most reliable and most well built one made myself. Mine was made in 1980 and I have since replaced the plastic that were incorporated that particular year with metal since that isn;t contraindicated and easy to do. I have no trouble at all saying that you should get a P225 and try it yourself. I won't ever sell mine.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I have a question for anyone who has one, or has shot one? Is this gun worth what they are asking for them? I have a Sig 226 .40 and 228 both with the SRT triggers in them, otherwise stock. not sure if its worth buying one or sending my 228 out for trigger job?

I had a 9mm TacOps. I loved the gun. However, since I have a bunch of SIGs and I wanted something else, it was worth it for me to sell it here on INGO and buy what I was looking for. It is accurate. Some unique features that I liked about it were the sights and the beaver tail. It came with 4 20 round mags and that is pretty impressive. The gun was a tack driver and is probably serving its current owner very well.

I remember paying around $950 for it. You won't dislike it, that is for sure.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    All of the 20-rd Mec-Gar mags lock the slide on my stainless P226R, for what it's worth. And Rob377 will never get it back.

Top Bottom