• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Right now I only own my Glock 23 which I love and I'm awaiting my Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel so I can shoot 9mm and save some coin. If I like it enough I may go with the Glock 19 instead and disregard this whole thread entirely!

Anyway, I've shot a Sig P226 in .40 and held a P220 compact and the Sig fits my hand like a glove, much better than my Glock for that matter. I loved how it felt and shot and I loved the DA/SA trigger.

My question, if I were to buy a P229/P226 in .40, can you get a conversion barrel from Sig or Lone Wolf or someone to shoot 9mm? I know you can buy a .357 barrel from Sig but I'm interested in 9mm.

I like having the capability to shoot both calibers in the same gun in case for some reason I can't find .40 or 9mm. :draw:

I won't be buying anything for awhile (I'm getting married soon) but I like to research anyway.

Anyway, anyone done this??? Any recommendations?

I appreciate all of your valuable input.

PS - I don't want this to turn into a Glock vs. Sig thread, I like both!

Thanks,

FG12351

Last edited:

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a Sig 226 in 40. Go to TopGunSupply.com and they have Bar-Sto barrels for $200. I've heard nothing but good things about their barrels. They fit really tight and say they work 7/10 times. If they don't fit, they say take it to a gunsmith for minor fitting. I am thinking about getting one for my 226 also, but just kind of scared about extraction issues. The 40 is 10mm and the 9mm, well is 9mm.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I know you mentioned you want the different barrels in case you can't find one kind of ammo, but if you are interested in just saving some money, you can buy .22lr conversions for the 226, 229, and the 220 made by Sig.

Might I also suggest you buy your toys BEFORE you get married :)

Oh yeah, Sigs rule and Glocks drool :D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I know you mentioned you want the different barrels in case you can't find one kind of ammo, but if you are interested in just saving some money, you can buy .22lr conversions for the 226, 229, and the 220 made by Sig.

Might I also suggest you buy your toys BEFORE you get married :)

Oh yeah, Sigs rule and Glocks drool :D

Keep in mind that the old sigs will not fit the new .22 slides.

And my wife keeps buying me guns. What are you talking about?:rockwoot:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Color me jealous! My wife just sends her mom to me so's I can buy guns from her! If only I could get HER to shell out for my new toys!!
    Seriously, that Sig .22 kit really is a good idea.
    Andy

:bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The problem you will run into is with the shell casing size on the slide. The extractor might function to remove 9mm cases from the chamber, but probably not reliably.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    +1 for Top Gun Supply's factory Sig Sauer conversion barrels, I purchased my .40 S&W barrel from them for my SP2340 in .357sig. Great pricing.

Top Bottom