• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dvansick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    I'm thinking of buying a sig sauer p250 45, anyone have any thought on this gun. Good, bad, something better?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I do not know about the .45 but the 9mm came in two different generations and the mags were not interchangeable and incredibly hard to find. Over a year ago. Mags were in stock at gander mountain. 79.00 ea. I called sig and got 3 delivered for 90. Then sold it all. It was a very nice gun.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I had a P250 Subcompact in 9mm. It was a decent gun and probably would've held up well. Unfortunately, the trigger was outrageously long. I carry a Kahr CW9 or G27 now and their double-action is way smoother.

Maybe it was just my gun or I didn't give it enough time. At any rate, I'd suggest you dry fire atleast once to get a feel for it before you buy.

A plus size is the Compact and Subcompact are modular. The frame itself comes out of the lower so you can choose what size you'd like. I don't know if it caught on like Sig wanted but it is still a feature none the less. You can sometimes pick up "2-Packs" that have both frames. Just another FYI.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    For my money - I'd look at something other than the P250.

I owned a 2-SUM in 9mm for a short while. Accurate enough - I didn't have any failures - but I didn't shoot more than ~70 rds or so through either the sub compact or nor the full sized.

The full sized was a real honey pie to shoot the 9mm.

DAO trigger is LONG with a full length reset. Not a stiff trigger - but considering a lack of any other safety lever - it's OK.

I think the IDEA of the P250 pistols is fantastic.

Execution of the idea - however - leaves much to be desired.

-J-

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I had a full frame P250 in .45. I really liked the pistol. The pull was LONG but very smooth. It was accurate too! I wouldn't carry one due to width, but it made for a good bedside gun.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I had a P250 Subcompact in 9mm. It was a decent gun and probably would've held up well. Unfortunately, the trigger was outrageously long. I carry a Kahr CW9 or G27 now and their double-action is way smoother.

The P250 is DAO with a hammer. Those two are striker fired pseudo-SAO. They may call them DAO, but that is really a misnomer - there aren't two actions (hammer back (point of being cocked), then released). Some people get upset about semantics, just clarifying.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I had a sig 250, and personally, I thought it was a decent gun, but not anything special. I did like the modular nature of the gun, and I had a Franken-gun-> subcompact slide and a subcompact frame and a compact frame that had been ground down to fit the subcompact slide. Made it a nice piece to carry, and very versitile. In the end, I ended up selling it for another piece.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I have the P250 compact in 9mm and really like it.
    You may want to send a message to a friend of mine that is also on INGO, TK312. He carries the P250 in .45.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I too carry the 250C in 9mm. Mags got hard to find after dec. I got lucky and found some for a fair price in Jan. down in Ft. Worth TX. Guy two tables down was selling them for 2x the price I paid. They came with extra base plates so if you buy some that have the second plate that will make them compatible with either version. Just attach the one that fits your gun.

If you haven't dry fired one, do so. A lot of people seem to get hung up over how long the pull is. Personally, I am very accurate with mine and enjoy the fact that it forces me to have a consistent trigger pull.

My next purchase is to find a 250SC conversion kit in 9mm...I hate how hard things are to find these days.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I just traded for a sig 250 tonight in .40. I dry fired it and I think its smooth. I think if you shoot revolvers it should feel familiar as far as the trigger goes. I wanna take it out and shoot it :rolleyes:.

Top Bottom