• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I repped him for you BHBI. :) Bear in mind, I am not Law Enforcement nor am I military. Also, I am seeking the right holster but will wait for something more leathery to come about before I ditch the one it comes with...

I love the one I have though I prefer a 9mm so I now have a full sized 9mm conversion inbound. I have to also say I love mine, even as a 40 or 357 sig. It has a way of making the recoil comfortable that I can't really describe. It is now my carry, open carry, now and ince I feel good about the 9mm set up, that is the way I will carry it. In fact I like this weapon so well I am thinking it time to thin my heard down quite a bit this summer. I remain and always will be a Ruger guy so there wil be a few revolvers sold but not many and my .327FM's simply aren't for sale but there will be a few 9's and 40's and 45's heading out of the house to a family who wants them more than I. :;)

Maybe I will review the pistol as a 9mm for you all as well. I have no real credentials other than shooting and reloading for some 30+ years so it may not be as nice as this one, which I think deserves to be made one of the more INGO "Official" ones.

Thanks for the rep! No credentials needed. Tell everyone what you like and do not like and you're good to go. It would be good to see more P320 reviews on here. I'm anticipating trying a conversion kit.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Thanks for the great review Wally. Very thorough and well put together. You are making this tough on me!!

I shot the P320 9mm today, comparing it to the Glock 19, and I gotta say that I really like the Sig. I have zero experience, and no cred compared to the rest of you, but I put 50 rounds through each gun, and was surprised by how good the Sig felt to me.

It is a bit more top- and front-heavy than the 19, but that balance felt good in my hand. In the heat of the moment at the range, I did not really notice this, I only really felt that difference once I was done shooting, and was dry firing both guns back and forth. The trigger felt better to me in a side-by-side comparison to the Glock, but that may just be down to personal preference. It seemed smoother, lighter and had a crisper break. Both of these guns were rentals, so that may have added to some of the differences I felt. I have no idea how many rounds have been through each gun before I shot them. I did not really notice much of a difference in recoil strength, but at 9mm, both guns were pretty smooth. The sights on the Sig are a true joy; the one I fired had the 3-dot night sight, and when you consider this comes on the Sig from the factory, that is another $120 that I won't have to spend swapping out the sights on the Glock. (I am not a fan of the standard Glock sights.)

Overall, I was highly impressed, and I am currently leaning in this direction over the Glock 19.

Before today, the P320 was not even on my short list, and now it is sitting smugly at the very top!

Decisions... decisions...

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Nice,
    I own 3 320 9mm and just got a FS 45acp. I have not sot the 45acp yet. My FS 9mm is very accurate as are the Compact/SC 9mm

Have you tried any conversions yet? I am thinking about getting the 9mm version now, and then buying the .40 conversion kit later. I think it is about $400, which is a lot, but certainly less than another whole gun.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Great review! I went with the 320 in 9mm compact! Great gun. The trigger is heavier, but very smooth.

I'm happy my review continues to help! Sig stated that the .40 subcompact and SC conversion kits should be arriving in the next month or so. I'd love to shoot a 9mm version. We have quals in the next few weeks, so I'll be packing this with a TLR-1 light in a 6360 duty holster.

The trigger is slightly heavier, but I feel like the smoothness and break make up for it.

Top Bottom