• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bought a used P365 and must have a bad front sight.
    Purchased it in daylight, so tough luck.
    Gonna replace it with an orange tritium sight which is easier for me to acquire anyway.
    Will take CB Hausen's experience into account when replacing. Two birds with one stone.
    Nice little gun with no failures of any kind after 250 rounds.

Your post is unclear as the P365 doesn’t have a front sight. Sig customer service told me they were very lenient regarding warranty for original owner only, especially with a brand new model like the P365. I’m quite sure they would replace a dead sight. The dot should glow in total darkness enough to illuminate the circle as well if you are indeed talking about the bullseye site in the P365.

YooEssOfEh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2020
    PORTAGE
    Range report after adjusting the SAS sight. It’s now hitting where it’s aimed. But after 300 rounds, it’s not a gun that can do a head shot at 50 feet, yet alone 50 yards - at least not for me. At 7 yards, I can hold a 6” group with 50 rounds. With my other EDC, a Kimber Micro CDP, a 50-round barrage at 7 yards is about 3”. I will say for me, the SAS isn’t a gun that I can just pick up and shoot well. I’m certainly getting better with it, but I’m wondering if I should’ve bought a regular P365. I like the snagless and porting features a lot and I *thought* the Bullseye sight would be the main show, but for me, the Bullseye sight is only good for center of mass inside of 10 yards or so. Maybe something is wrong with my sight? It’s nearly invisible in a pitch-black closet, and on an shaded range, I need to close one eye to “sort of” get the circle around the dot. It ain’t easy and it should be IMO.

Last edited:

cozog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Avon
    It’s nearly invisible in a pitch-black closet, and on an shaded range, I need to close one eye to “sort of” get the circle around the dot. It ain’t easy and it should be IMO.
    This is what I was trying to explain earlier. Some might be age/worsening eyesight too. Maybe the green dot thing is for younger folks...

YooEssOfEh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2020
    PORTAGE
    This is what I was trying to explain earlier. Some might be age/worsening eyesight too. Maybe the green dot thing is for younger folks...

Old fart eyes certainly don’t help matters. I called Sig yesterday and they sent me a FedEx label to send the slide for eval and sight replacement. Those guys at Sig are fantastic. We’ll see what happens.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I have discovered over time with my 67 yr. old eyes that green doesn't do it for me, but red.
    I just ordered a red front optic to replace a green optic on a revolver & it's so much better.

I have a three color flourescent gun sight paint set & use them enhance dull sights or bring color to iron sights, but not the green.
    I sometimes will just leave the white on the front sight, which is the first 2-3 coats I put on before the red anyway.

There are better things out there, I've read, but I just picked this up at the LGS over a year ago.
    K9AYRrK.jpg

cozog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Avon
    I have discovered over time with my 67 yr. old eyes that green doesn't do it for me, but red.
    I just ordered a red front optic to replace a green optic on a revolver & it's so much better.

I have a three color flourescent gun sight paint set & use them enhance dull sights or bring color to iron sights, but not the green.
    I sometimes will just leave the white on the front sight, which is the first 2-3 coats I put on before the red anyway.

There are better things out there, I've read, but I just picked this up at the LGS over a year ago.

I have no doubt my eyes played a part in this. I'm only 53, but my eyes have really gotten worse the past 4-5 years.
    Thanks for the color pen tip. I'll have to look into that.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Meprolight makes the FT Bullseye sight in red. I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit a red filament in the P365 by using another bullseye sight for a donor. Or better yet Sig should offer the option.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Meprolight makes the FT Bullseye sight in red. I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit a red filament in the P365 by using another bullseye sight for a donor. Or better yet Sig should offer the option.
    I'd like to see this as an option.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    So whats with the flat spot on the back of the 15 round mags? I bought 3 of them and what am I not understanding. Is there a remedy?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    While in Lima, OH for some training, I stopped into Midwest Shooting Center to look around and kill some time. First off, that place is awesome.

One of the sales guys got the SAS out and let me check it out. Very different and seems easy to use. I didn't get to shoot it but seeing how it works is intriguing.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get it?

Think small red dot (green in this case) built into the slide. Takes some getting used to and is meant for fairly short distances. The more I shoot mine the better I get but it is a slow process.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Think small red dot (green in this case) built into the slide. Takes some getting used to and is meant for fairly short distances. The more I shoot mine the better I get but it is a slow process.

No I know what it is, I just don't get the purpose. Never had my sights snag on anything, except when I'm doing one handed manipulations which you couldn't do with this.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    No I know what it is, I just don't get the purpose. Never had my sights snag on anything, except when I'm doing one handed manipulations which you couldn't do with this.

I'm with you on this. When I heard "Anti-snag", I'm thinking a shrouded hammer and no big target sights. The regular sights on most handguns don't have a snag issue.

So the SAS is something different. I thinks it's kinda cool. But, IMO, just a marketing tactic.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    well.... that link is for a bare slide, no sight, extractor, striker, etc., just slide.

sig sells what seems to be the whole deal for $249.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-sas-slide-assembly.html

Yep, was just providing a relative price point... but yeah for $249, I'd purchase directly from Sig and get the sights, and the other small parts (worth it to have the spares on the other small parts in addition to the slide).

Top Bottom