• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    I'm interested in buying a new pistol and I really like the Sig Sauer P220. It is a high priced gun though. I have never shot or handled a Sig Sauer Pistol.

I have done some research and I think I will either buy the Sig Sauer P220 or a Glock 21. Both pistols are chambered at .45 ACP. I would like to hear some opinions about either of these guns, and whether or not the Sig is worth the extra money. Thanks!

The only sig I have had is a Mosquito and that thing made a better paper weight. I had it polished and all kinds of crap done to it and it never got better. I can't speak for any other sigs.

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    Tried it :-/ I tried everything I possibly could. It was just for plinking and I got a killer deal on it. They may not all be like that, but mine was trash.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The only sig I have had is a Mosquito and that thing made a better paper weight. I had it polished and all kinds of crap done to it and it never got better. I can't speak for any other sigs.

I bought the Mosquito when it first came out and had nothing but issues. Does GSG still manufacture the Mosquito for Sig? Don't let the Mosquito sour you on all Sigs. They are night and day...

toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    I just have to say I just got the Glock 21 (gen 4) and it is silky smooth! The Sig is a great gun, with some great features, but overpriced imo. If you want a reliable, great shooting gun, I'd go with the Glock!

Sonick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Louisville
    I bought the Mosquito when it first came out and had nothing but issues. Does GSG still manufacture the Mosquito for Sig? Don't let the Mosquito sour you on all Sigs. They are night and day...

No idea who manufacture's them. It could very well have just been bad luck on my part. I wouldn't be opposed to trying another Sig... but I'm not in a rush to buy one just because of that experience.

100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    I always have like the Sig and it fits my hand well. The glock is bigger in the grip and i have small hands. leave the joke alone!!! lol but i think it is worth the price

astenftenagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Dubois Co.
    That is why I simply try and provide an objective overview of the two platforms, the potential owner should shoot both of them, before making an investment. They both have pro's and con's depending on which side of the fence you are on.

Where should I go to fire these guns? I dont know anyone who owns either of them. :dunno:

I hope I used the "quote" thing right... im still kinda new to INGO haha

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If God would have wanted a .45 caliber bullet delivered out of a DA/SA or a stricker-fired gun, John Moses Browning would have invented it in 1911. I'm just sayin'. :joke:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Loc N Load and VNVet both have the best idea. Get one in your paw, and see how it feels. Doesn't matter what it costs or what a great rep it has if it doesn't feel right. If possible, do get some trigger time on both platforms. As Loc N Load alluded to, they are very different in how they work, and how you shoot them. And again, what YOU like is what matters most. They are both great, and either one will serve you well.

Loc n load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Response to post #32

I would locate a gun shop in your area that carries both guns, and go handle them, and with their permission, dry fire them in the store ( observing all safety protocols).....you will have to thumbcock the sig after the first DA pull to see the diff between the DA and SA mode. The best solution would be to find a store/range where you can actually fire the two guns. I have no idea what facilities are in your area.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I will NEVER change my name to SmokinGlocks!

That being said, as an owner of a Glock 19 and a Glock 20, I can tell you that Glocks are fine guns.

I've seen the Ford vs Chevy argument. Not a fair comparison. Comparing Glock to Sig is like comparing a Casio to a Rolex. They will both tell you accurate time, but the difference is the quality and craftsmanship of the piece.

When I shot Sig for the first time (after owning these two Glocks) I fell in love. Even before shooting it, it just felt so much better in my hands. 10 Sigs later, no love lost in selling off my 2 Glocks.

Quite a few of my close friends are LEOs. They are issued Glocks, but purchase and carry Sigs when not on duty.

I also prefer (in a big way) carrying a loaded Sig. The DA/SA decocker feature makes me more confident in carrying a loaded weapon. The first pull of the trigger is like shooting a revolver. I've practiced drawing and firing with the hammer down and have practiced cocking the hammer while drawing. No big difference in timing. No difference in accuracy either.

Ultimately, it is up to you. You will be defending yourself and your family with this weapon. I choose Sig Sauer to defend mine.

Pinball81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    From the owner of a P226... When I picked up that pistol for the first time, it just felt "right" in my hand. Had to have it. And, performance has been phenomenal. Love that gun. Well worth the money, in my opinion. But all comes down to personal preference.

Reapermaxx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Agree with much of the group. I have a Sig p226 extreme and a Sig 1911 with tactical rail. These are hands down my favorite guns. Nothing against the blocks because they are good guns as well but my Sigs just perform better in my opinion. I also think they look much better. Don't care for the look of the glocks

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    If God would have wanted a .45 caliber bullet delivered out of a DA/SA or a stricker-fired gun, John Moses Browning would have invented it in 1911. I'm just sayin'. :joke:

And if God wanted us to have computers, they would have been invented in 1911, too?

.45 ACP: 102 years of tradition unimpeded by progress

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Have a pistol and a 5.56 SWAT. Very nice guns and built well. Parts are harder to get and very expensive, especially for my 5.56 SWAT. Would I buy another one...yes.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And if God wanted us to have computers, they would have been invented in 1911, too?

.45 ACP: 102 years of tradition unimpeded by progress

There's been progress. Just no major changes. I don't know that anyone has made a major change to the fireman's ax in the last century, either. Somethings just work as is, and while materials may be updated, the basic design won't be improved by any tinkering.

Top Bottom