• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    My girlfriend and I are getting new sights after discovering some deficiencies today. She wants a new set completely on her 42 and I just want a ledge style rear sight.

Anyway they're on our carry guns(her glock, my 1911) so its not something I want to do and mess up nor do I want to buy a sight pusher and her in her case, a front sight tool.

I live in Vincennes/Washington area. Does anyone know a good gunsmith? Theres a place in Vincennes that I know of but they usually have a back log. They're our only carry guns so I am leery of leaving it somewhere for very long just to have a sight pushed off and another pushed back on. I wouldnt mind driving a little bit if a place is reasonable and quick.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    A decent shop should be able to do it while you wait. Thats what we do unless its a busy saturday or a few minutes before close.

The 1911 depending on how the sights are mounted may be a completely different story.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    My girlfriend and I are getting new sights after discovering some deficiencies today. She wants a new set completely on her 42 and I just want a ledge style rear sight.

Anyway they're on our carry guns(her glock, my 1911) so its not something I want to do and mess up nor do I want to buy a sight pusher and her in her case, a front sight tool.

I live in Vincennes/Washington area. Does anyone know a good gunsmith? Theres a place in Vincennes that I know of but they usually have a back log. They're our only carry guns so I am leery of leaving it somewhere for very long just to have a sight pushed off and another pushed back on. I wouldnt mind driving a little bit if a place is reasonable and quick.

I know you said you dont want to do it but.......
    MGW makes a sight tool that i would spend money on. I dont personally own one but they make stuff for aerospace and i can speak to the quality of their shifters they make. The quality of their products are amazing!

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It makes little to no sense for him to invest the money in a MGW press to have sights changed on two guns. I own their high end press and use it almost daily. It is invaluable for someone that does many sights.

Top Bottom