• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    Thanks again guys and yes Jason from elmore's was the one who got me started on the hybrid i have personally handled a couple and i know it is a little bigger and heavier than some caliber specific cans but the trade off for me is the wide variety of calibers it supports i think the extra weight and size is worth it considering the multiple calibers it handles.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    So I see everyone lately talking about the hybrid. Why are you guys choosing it over the griffin armament optimus? It's an actual question I would like to know since I've been looking at a multiuse can.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I picked the hybrid because it included use on a 45 too. To be clear though the optimus was not an option in January when I made my decision (form 3'd it, still waiting...). I'd like to justify a 45-70 in the future though. If the biggest you intend to shoot is 9mm, it may likely be a better pick for you though. Having only read about both, I have no first hand experience, but I'd say you probably can't go wrong either way.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I chose the hybrid, because I will also have 2 Omegas and there seems to be a good bit of parts interchangeability. It looks like the end caps, asr mounting system, direct thread system, then obviously, the asr mounts are interchangeable. Not positive on all of this and need to do more research. I am sure on them both fitting the same mounts and then the end caps being interchangeable.

Does anyone know what end cap the Hybrid ships with? I was hoping it ships with the .46 end cap on it.

I was also looking at the brakes that came with my suppressors, the free ones that ship after you register your suppressor, and wondering if I can port the top with some small holes to add some compensation.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So I see everyone lately talking about the hybrid. Why are you guys choosing it over the griffin armament optimus? It's an actual question I would like to know since I've been looking at a multiuse can.

I needed a 45 can. And it's short, and quiet. I'm also not big on modular suppressors because of things shaking loose (at least with the Hybrid you have 2 spanner wrenches and you can tighten the Neilson device)

Does anyone know what end cap the Hybrid ships with? I was hoping it ships with the .46 end cap on it.

Ships with the .46 end cap

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Honestly, I chose the Hybrid because it was my first can and I'm not all that knowledgeable about the mechanics of the suppressor device. I know that I have a 45-70, .308, .223 and other pistol calibers that I want to suppress and believed this would be the best option for my first. Plus I got a good deal on the Hybrid, so I figured it wasn't a bad move. I hope to learn much more as I approach my second purchase.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Honestly, I chose the Hybrid because it was my first can and I'm not all that knowledgeable about the mechanics of the suppressor device. I know that I have a 45-70, .308, .223 and other pistol calibers that I want to suppress and believed this would be the best option for my first. Plus I got a good deal on the Hybrid, so I figured it wasn't a bad move. I hope to learn much more as I approach my second purchase.

Pretty much the same reasons on my decision for this can also. First NFA item and can. Versatility/multi platform and the SPEQ Program where the biggest deciding factors.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I chose the hybrid for two reasons, it covered calibers up to .45 and it was full auto rated even for full power .308 (and I confirmed that by speaking with some of the Silencerco folks at the NRA show).

Now, since it will be million years before the ATF processes my paperwork, I have no idea if that was a good purchase or not.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I went with the Griffin optimus because I'll never shoot 45-70. The optimus is rated for 22 up to 300 win mag. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I went with the Griffin optimus because I'll never shoot 45-70. The optimus is rated for 22 up to 300 win mag. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I don't have much interest in 45-70, but I am pretty stoked to shoot 458 through the Hybrid. Subsonic 458 suppressed should be cool. I haven't even started to look at how to load them yet, but as we keep saying, I have plenty of time.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

As everyone else says it depends on what you want to do with it, and in all honesty I think the better question can be what other cans do you have?
    What you want to do with it I'll kind of hit below, but I for example already have a silencerco rifle can so if I buy the hybrid I can use the ASR qd breaks with multiple cans which applies to me.

Next it comes to caliber, and if you have pistols larger than 9mm or rifles larger than 30cal already covered than this isn't as attractive. So, do you plan to shoot on a pistol larger than 9mm? Or do you plan to shoot a rifle bigger than 30cal? If not the optimus may be a good option, and if your answer is yes to either of those a hybrid fits your needs

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    Yes i do plan on using the can on bigger rifle and pistol calibers. I currently have a 40 S&W as well as a 45 acp that i will want to run a can on. I also have a 308 in a ar platform as well as two 30 cal bolt guns one i 300bo and the other in 308. I was also thinking of running the asr quick mount system i don't currently have a can as this one would be my first i have recently got the bug shooting some friends cans now i got to have one lol.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    The hybrid, based on my research, performs similarly to anything out there but it is bigger and heavier. It work for pistols and rifles but it is best suited for rifles from what I can tell. Mine is in jail right now as I wait for the ATF to do its thing.
    I also bought a Octane 9 for pistols and for my cz scorpion.
    I bought a dedicated yhm suppressor
    I also bought the sparrow (I believe its called that) which is the 22 can not rated for full auto made by silencerco

Top Bottom