• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I know that there some really smart people frequenting this site and I would like to have some opinions please.

I have a very expensive Brother color laser printer and I have never used anything but Brother brand toner cartridges in it.

I have just received a set of aftermarket toner cartridges for it but I am afraid to use them for fear of damage to my printer.

Does anybody have experience with "other than OE" cartridges for their printers?

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Yup, we use aftermarket toner for our HP printers at work. They actually work better than the HP branded ones. Last longer, and produce a better image/print.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    As long as they're designed / fit the printer, they should be fine.

However, you should also be aware that with SOME after market cartridges, the printer (on-screen, software) may not read the ink levels correctly. Any 'cartridge-related' information may not read, therefore display, accurately.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We have a Brother printer/copier/scanner/fax. We bought some aftermarket cartridges in bulk a few months ago. They were super cheap. I'm talking like 20 cartridges for $10 :n00b: We've gone through a few of them and they've worked great. And I think they actually last a little longer than the "OE" ones! No issues with the printer at all. If I can run these cheap knock offs through it you should be fine with whatever.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Thank you all for the fast replies!
    The last time I tried aftermarket cartridges in another printer they were ink jet for an HP and the printer would not recognize them at all and I had to send them back and swore to never use aftermarket again.

But times are lean and money is tight so..... here goes nuthin' **fingers crossed**

Top Bottom