• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Anyone notice silver spot price top $21 an ounce Friday? Precious metals have always been a good indicator. Keep a close eye on silver especially. The price has been artificially suppressed.

Don't kid yourself, the spending policies of the past decade are coming home to roost. Inflation is on it's way (possibly hyperinflation) and cannot be stopped.

Be ready. Don't get caught with all your $$$$ in a bank account when the government starts declaring "Bank holidays" and daily limits on withdraws like they did in Argentina.

If silver drops below $20 again, it's a good buy. I would not be surprised to see it around $30 and ounce by years end, and top $40 or more in less than a year. If you don't think that can happen just look a few months when the price was around $16 and ounce.

A $5 an ounce move for silver is HUGE. And I think it is only the beginning....

PS. This post is merely personal opinion and not financial advice.

Last edited:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Silver is used so much in Industry it might be a sign that factories are using more.

Might be a good thing not a bad sign.

That is exactly why the price will continue to rise. The demand is high and the supply is low. Not sure if that is a good sign though...

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    It one of those things where,if you have some spare cash buy it.I hated paying 360 for gold.Now look at it.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Only going to go up up up, silver > gold. Its more usable and easier to trade.

But, don't look at this as a way to get rich, both gold and silver have historically underperformed inflation and the market(even with the huge losses factored in). Think of it as a store of wealth WITH NO COUNTER PARTY RISK.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Photography used lots of silver. Not so much anymore. I think that is one reason it has not risen as gold did until the rush of the prepers started. I got into a gold mutual fund in 1995. 60% is held in gold. the rest is in mining stocks like CAT, and Such. It has done very well.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Back in high school I thought about stating to invest in silver, back in '96 or '97. Really wish I had, it was down to $4 an ounce then... But a poor high school student didn't have the money to do it...

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    You never know what you will get for copper but silver has a history of being a monetary amount in the past. In all reality we all are just speculating on what will be worth what if a collapse occurs.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    In a SHTF situation,I dont think you'll be able to trade scrape copper for a loaf of bread. Who knows ,I could be wrong.

what, you gonna start casting some silver bullets, there, chief?

copper you can actually make useful things from.

silver is silver.

copper is copper.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A $5 an ounce move for silver is HUGE. And I think it is only the beginning....

For the average person who hasn't done their homework or followed the trends of silver, a $5.00 an ounce increase could be needed for the ill advised to buy and then sell in short term to just break even. Only buy with money you can live without. A person would be well served to know the history and trends of 90% coin ( junk) silver, nusimatic coins, bullion ( bars and rounds), ect... Always a great help to know a reputable and honest dealer that will be free with sharing to you the sell, buy, and melt costs at the time.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I love watching the prices go up. I didnt listen to my father when he was buying at 11 bucks. I do watch and follow copper and aluminum prices though as those have a bigger effect on day to day cost.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    being in the jewelry biz,,when gold gets to the price of plat.people will start buying silver.plus silver is very heavily used for all sorts of stuff.it has the most light reflection out of any metal 95%,plus its the best conductor of electricity,if they can keep it from oxidizing i see it being used in pc componets its been tried but copper and gold hold up better.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Back in '82 I had bought 2 100 oz. bars of silver for just under $5 an ounce. Can't remember why I sold them, I did make a small profit. But getting married and buying a house trumped trying to keep them. Wow, $20 an ounce!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I did pretty good with stocks on a few quick buys and turn around sells but I stayed away from the precious metals. It would be very nice to have some precious metals back but I can't justify spending cash on it unless it is just money to burn. Unfortunately, the money to burn supply is down right now:D

Top Bottom