• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was thinking of Cynthia and Robert Gifford, but okay.

This is what came to my mind.

ql-0014-obama.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Shop Wright!

Now I 'member! I grew up right around the corner from there. Well, lived there from like age 4-10. My great grandma lived in Cloverdale Heights for several years. We were by Shopwright all the time.

I DO now remember all the pictures of people they had up. Lots of them for back-check passers, too. Their little endorser stamp they had had a mini-camera in the handle of it. They'd endorse the check with a "whump" of the stamp and you got your picture taken at the same time.

Good ol' days.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Now I 'member! I grew up right around the corner from there. Well, lived there from like age 4-10. My great grandma lived in Cloverdale Heights for several years. We were by Shopwright all the time.

I DO now remember all the pictures of people they had up. Lots of them for back-check passers, too. Their little endorser stamp they had had a mini-camera in the handle of it. They'd endorse the check with a "whump" of the stamp and you got your picture taken at the same time.

Good ol' days.

Yep!

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    So you're for freedom just not when it pertains to something you don't agree with? Seems to be a popular trend these days.

No... I don't believe a third-party should have ANY say in my personal safety.

As a business we don't have the right to refuse service to someone because I don't like them, their religion, their beliefs, etc. It's discrimination and everyone gets their knickers in a twist. However, if a public establishment throws me out simply for exercising my lawful right of carrying a firearm... same difference.

I'm not talking about the guy pulling his piece out of the holster every five minutes or waving it around. I'm talking about the responsible person with it parked in its holster until - God forbid - it's needed.

If someone is exercising their rights in a responsible and non-disruptive fashion they should be free to do so and no one should be able to prevent that.

Everyone likes to claim the private property rights card.... Newsflash, once you're open to the public you should not be able to hide behind that and use it as a method of discrimination. It's no different than the 'No Colors Allowed' or 'Whites Only' signs of the 50s and 60s. Those are illegal now. Prohibiting those carrying lawful firearms is the same exact thing but somehow folks want to pretend that it's not.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Everyone likes to claim the private property rights card.... Newsflash, once you're open to the public you should not be able to hide behind that and use it as a method of discrimination. It's no different than the 'No Colors Allowed' or 'Whites Only' signs of the 50s and 60s. Those are illegal now. Prohibiting those carrying lawful firearms is the same exact thing but somehow folks want to pretend that it's not.

They actually are not the same thing. One is who you are. The other is a behavior. Not arguing about property rights vs. right to carry. Just pointing out the difference.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I like it when the gvt. stays out of things and policies we don't like are changed by the market if they are important enough to enough people. Removing one person's freedom to advance another's isn't much of a consistent approach.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I like it when the gvt. stays out of things and policies we don't like are changed by the market if they are important enough to enough people. Removing one person's freedom to advance another's isn't much of a consistent approach.
    Me too, but when has that ever happened?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

As a business we don't have the right to refuse service to someone because I don't like them, their religion, their beliefs, etc. It's discrimination and everyone gets their knickers in a twist. However, if a public establishment throws me out simply for exercising my lawful right of carrying a firearm... same difference.

You don't believe a third party should have any say in your personal safety, but yet you want a third party(the govt) to have a say by removing others rights? And a business that prohibits firearms doesn't have a say in your personal safety, you do. You choose to go in that business, they don't force you to do so.

And yes a business has the right to refuse service because they don't like a person, or a wide variety of other reasons. There are a few "protected classes" that can't be the basis for their refusal though. If a business throws you out for exercising your legal right to freedom of speech by loudly proclaiming how crappy they are and that xyz's is much better, should they not be allowed to?

And either of those signs should be legal, and I've seen "No colors allowed" signs. They refer to gang colors. I believe the sign you meant was "No coloreds". I've also seen signs that say "no shirt no shoes no service" or "jacket and tie required" or "No hats, hoodies, or sunglasses". Think of a "no guns" sign as a dress code requirement. Should a business be allowed to have and enforce a dress code?

They actually are not the same thing. One is who you are. The other is a behavior. Not arguing about property rights vs. right to carry. Just pointing out the difference.

What if you're a loud, obnoxious *******? And that's just who you are?

Yep.

brucecrain

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    Indianapolis

I'm not talking about the guy pulling his piece out of the holster every five minutes or waving it around. I'm talking about the responsible person with it parked in its holster until - God forbid - it's needed.

If someone is exercising their rights in a responsible and non-disruptive fashion they should be free to do so and no one should be able to prevent that.

100% Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom