• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    ...I had to buy me this baby. It's an total beauty, a blast to shoot, and above all I'm not spending $50 in 9mm ammo every time I go to the range. I added hogue grips, Volquartsen trigger and sear, Sam's bushing and a Bushnell red dot. I know I'll have to buy my third Glock sooner than later (a 4th gen G17 is just waiting for me :rolleyes:), but in the meantime I'm shooting this MKIII tack driver every week and saving some money. What do you think?
    :dunno:
    2hqs4no.jpg

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You should check out the Advantage Arms conversion kits for the Glock. I recently picked one up for my 27 and it runs very well so far. My brother has one for his Glock 19... thought I'd throw that out there to get you to spend a few more $$$ ;)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Glock doesn't... but these people do. I have one and it fits in all the Glock 19 holsters. Look up ISSC M22
    DSC09893.JPG

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    I did consider the .22 conversions for Glock, which are expensive and picky about the ammo, and also the Austrian Sporting Arms imitation, which looks fine, but... well... decided that I could get a lot more for my money. I got the brand new MKIII for just under $350, by the way, and every time I shoot it I get more and more convinced that I did the right thing. Great quality gun with incredible accuracy and lots of aftermarket parts to play with. Definitely not as simple as a Glock to take down, but not as hard as some say, if you can follow instructions. I've never believed that you need to practice with a gun that feels or looks like the one you carry to get better at self defense. Just shoot a lot and you'll get better at it.
    So for now I'm drinking quite a bit of the MK cool-aid and enjoying every minute of it. :coffee:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I wanted a 22 to train with since I carry a G19. Glock didn't come out with one so I bought..
    150922_01_md.jpg

THen I bought......
    57866.jpg

Then I bought........
    33447d1293164607-m-p-22-pistol-swmp22.jpg

the S&W M&P22 is a fantastic pistol. A great trainer. Highly recommend.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The Mark III target is money well spent. Mine was a little finicky at first, but is running 100% now.

IMAG1010.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I did consider the .22 conversions for Glock, which are expensive and picky about the ammo, and also the Austrian Sporting Arms imitation, which looks fine, but... well... decided that I could get a lot more for my money. I got the brand new MKIII for just under $350, by the way, and every time I shoot it I get more and more convinced that I did the right thing. Great quality gun with incredible accuracy and lots of aftermarket parts to play with. Definitely not as simple as a Glock to take down, but not as hard as some say, if you can follow instructions. I've never believed that you need to practice with a gun that feels or looks like the one you carry to get better at self defense. Just shoot a lot and you'll get better at it.
    So for now I'm drinking quite a bit of the MK cool-aid and enjoying every minute of it. :coffee:

Understood, and I kind of balked at the price to begin with as well. But after shooting one and seeing how my shooting improved, I was sold. I believe shooting with a similar or in the case of the AA conversion, almost identical except the amount of recoil, builds muscle memory, and familiarity with the system and makes you better with it.

As far as ammo finicky, so far I have just stuck with one of the recommended brands and have had no issues. The great part is that my 15-22 eats that brand of ammo as well.

But I did look at the imitation as well as a few other 22 complete guns that were similar but decided on the AA in the end for my needs.

I also believe that you can't go wrong with the Ruger 22's either and adding another gun to the collection is always a good thing.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Don't forget to buy an ultimate clip loader for that ruger. I couldn't live without mine.

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    Don't forget to buy an ultimate clip loader for that ruger. I couldn't live without mine.

Oh, I bought the loader when I was still waiting for the pistol to be delivered. It's incredible!

:rockwoot:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Duracoat flat dark earth.

The only VQ upgrades I did on it was a magazine ejection piece that fits in the bottom of the grip. I really like mine and I completely trust it. It'll make anyone look like an expert marksman.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I have a II and III and love the guns. I think I like the II a little better. I'm considering the glock conversion, but I think I'll wait for them to come down in price some.

Top Bottom