• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dchiu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have been recently interested in finding out more information about singleshot shotguns. Anyone know of any good brands for the nice ones? I prefer at 12 or a 20GA, but I guess I can always be convinced.
    I prefer a more flat black tactical look, but my buddy is looking for some with wood on it.

I also am interested in double barrel shotguns as well.

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    If by nice you mean an old New England single shot 20 gauge that can knock a possum off a stump at 30 yards, your looking at 100.00 bucks or so.

A lot of people think my AH Fox 28 gauge side by side is nice, and it is. Just afraid to take it out of the safe and use it.

Shoot with some buddies anf you'll find the one that feels right.

Happy shooting!

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I have my H&R single shot 20gauge from my childhood. It was bought in the neighborhood hardware store. I will never sell it.
    Its a solid gun and claimed many rabbits, pheasant in its day.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You beat me too it.. So now you want one too? From what I've read a New England Firearms or H&R would work plenty fine. Cheap enough so you won't feel bad about making it more to your liking, but also really reliable and nicely built. I'm mainly looking for a trunk gun that can shoot pretty much anything and with all the chamber conversions available it seems perfect to me. Plus you always have to option to muzzle load it.

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    I'm also a fan of the H&R 20ga. I bought mine last year for about $175 and got a deer with it. It's not the fanciest gun out there but it does its job just fine. Several friends also have them and don't have any complaints

sixty8firebird1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    SE IN
    I've also heard people say that remington parts fit some H&R guns so you may be able to get the black stock you're looking for or you could duracoat it easy enough with their aerosol kit for $35

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My favorites include the Browning BT99, the Perazzi TM1, the Ljutic and the Remington 90t as well as the Beretta 682 top mono. None of them are available in black, but they sure are pretty and shoot very well.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have been recently interested in finding out more information about singleshot shotguns. Anyone know of any good brands for the nice ones? I prefer at 12 or a 20GA, but I guess I can always be convinced.
    I prefer a more flat black tactical look, but my buddy is looking for some with wood on it.

I also am interested in double barrel shotguns as well.

Taking Uncle Joe's advice?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    We've put many a grouse on the table with a single shot 410 bore... Can't remember if it was New England Firearms or H&R. Are they the same gun except for markings?

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    My son has had 2 H&R 20ga. shotguns for years. One that he hunted deer with, and the other he used for birds/ squirrels. I bought a little H&R 20 ga. last year. It's a nice little gun, and I've used it for squirrels, too.

Mad Dog

Corbinator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    shotgun

Check out a web site called Tarhunt.com. Not sure if they customize single shots but I have first hand knowledge of their work. A buddy had an 870 done by them and it is unreal !

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have several NEF single shots. Youth models are my favorite. Each has had the barrel cut down to 19 inches and the stocks have all been fitted with a neoprene shell holder. In my opinion they are a perfect trunk gun and you can easily hide four or five around the house. All of mine seem to be well made and if you keep your eyes open you can find them for 30 - 80 dollars used.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Main arm for most of the farmers in my area. Either gauge will work(12 or 20). Had a couple of B&E's ended by the farmer vs mope, shot up their vehicles, a couple got winged, and the hospitals held them till we got there to arrest them. Justice served.
    Have one myself, 12 ga, with a "Survivor" stock.(has pistol grip w/ storage compartment in full size stock.) Mine used was around $120.00. Good guns

Top Bottom