• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Still doing well in my little corner. Hit-or-miss on disinfectant products, but I have no trouble finding anything else. Even bought 2 packs of Wright brand bacon for $6 apiece. :bowdown:

I have noticed a huge increase in mask wear. 80% or more of the people at my local Kroger are masked up.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've got 6 bottles of Steramine (150 tablets per). I need one of them. Possibly two. But, if anyone is in dire need of a bottle, send me a pm.

A friend from Florida sent us a bunch of gloves yesterday. Masks coming next week.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    A friend from Florida sent us a bunch of gloves yesterday. Masks coming next week.

If those mask are from Florida they may not be CDC approved.

cute-sexy-wicked-weasel-kaleidoscope_1_0a7cae17736335522d8748fb75e1819c.jpg

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So at 6:30pm last night looking out my office window in downtown Fort Wayne there were teenagers all over the streets. They must have went to the Jimmy Carter metric school since they had know idea what Six Feet of social distancing was. Maybe they need some more home schooling.

Riding the silly rental scooters our city has littered the streets with. As always, follow the money. If the city was serious about keeping people inside those scooters would have never been put out on the streets this spring.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So at 6:30pm last night looking out my office window in downtown Fort Wayne there were teenagers all over the streets. They must have went to the Jimmy Carter metric school since they had know idea what Six Feet of social distancing was. Maybe they need some more home schooling.

Riding the silly rental scooters our city has littered the streets with. As always, follow the money. If the city was serious about keeping people inside those scooters would have never been put out on the streets this spring.
    Yeah, the scooter thing makes no sense.

Sent from my TA-1027 using Tapatalk

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, the scooter thing makes no sense.

Sent from my TA-1027 using Tapatalk
    Better sense than city buses running! On a normal non-China Flu day they’re a virtual cornucopia of vile things, yet they’re still running up and down city streets. (Well, the Redline IS empty, but still)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Yeah, I thought about that, what, four weeks ago when they popped up in the cold.

I'm not sure if the city can change when they they get distributed - I doubt they have the power, I gotta imagine this issue was discussed by certain councilmen who were dubious about these things.

Better sense than city buses running! On a normal non-China Flu day they’re a virtual cornucopia of vile things, yet they’re still running up and down city streets. (Well, the Redline IS empty, but still)
    True - bus or scooter.... easy choice, always.

I used to be able to look out to the scooters and pedal cars on Wayne St., after the move I just see a trashy drug house out my window. :(

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm not sure if the city can change when they they get distributed - I doubt they have the power, I gotta imagine this issue was discussed by certain councilmen who were dubious about these things.

True - bus or scooter.... easy choice, always.

Government has had no problem destroying many peoples businesses (and dreams). Certainly they can pack up the scooters for a couple months. If it only saves one child!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Government has had no problem destroying many peoples businesses (and dreams). Certainly they can pack up the scooters for a couple months. If it only saves one child!

Well, the state is the one setting the rules for businesses, not the city.

And practically speaking, I'm not sure that scooter aid the spread, but they certainly are a sore spot.

Kids are hanging out on skateboards, playing basketball, or, in the case of my part of town, sitting in cars and getting high.

There was a Reddit discussion about this, and like always with Reddit, caveat emptor.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fortwayne/comments/fxrhsd/is_there_a_reason_the_city_hasnt_shut_down_the/

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Made a run into Fresh Thyme. First time masked folks outnumbered those of us unmasked. All of the staff were masked and 90% of customers. I got no side-eye that I could tell or commentary about my lack of mask. A very nice checkout girl actually ran the gallon of vinegar I forgot out to me in the parking lot.

Maybe just 'cause I've followed the rules and not got out much or that it was rainy/gloomy? It was kind of depressing to see nearly everyone with their faces covered? Most customers were walking with heads down, not making eye contact. :n00b: Creepy...

There were NO SMILES. :(

As far as the store, they were well stocked with meat, including at the (recently reopened?) meat counter. Decent advertised meat sales also. Limit 2 on most bulk meat items.

I didn't check for TP or sanitizers. I keep a year or so of those stocked up at the ranch. (Crazy prepper dude. :rolleyes:)

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Sit-Rep....Newton county.
    Saturday morning I was able to score a couple bottles of 90% isopropyl alcohol, two Clorox wipes and a big package of top shelf Charmin. Haven't been shopping in several weeks, but will need to go this week to pick up supplies that the grandchildren consumed this week. Not sure how such small beings can eat soooo much:dunno:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Stopped at the LGS last night looking for some small pistol primers.

Selection is pretty wiped out, inventory is down to less than 50%.

No CCI 500s. No PDWs, no ARs, no bulk ammo. Pistols pretty picked over. Still lots of optics in the cases.

Several folks milling about. A couple I assumed were Fudds. Maybe they were just stopping in to check the situation like me. It was busy enough that I didn't even bother to try and talk to the guy working the counter.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Got my freezer today. First thing tomorrow morning will be a shopping trip to fill it up. I got a dry erase marker to write on the lid what date items went on and what the listed expiration date is on each.

Top Bottom