• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Those would be much better than the stock glock sites in my opinion. I have a set of something similar on my gun now and they work fine. I have Big Dots here that I'm going to try soon. Shot them once on Shay's G19 and I didn't seem to have any problem making the same hits I did with my regular sites but the front site on the big dot looked massive.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Those would be much better than the stock glock sites in my opinion. I have a set of something similar on my gun now and they work fine. I have Big Dots here that I'm going to try soon. Shot them once on Shay's G19 and I didn't seem to have any problem making the same hits I did with my regular sites but the front site on the big dot looked massive.
    I've never shot anything other than the stock sites, so I have nothing to compare them to. I think they work fine, but there is probably something better. Just like with the trigger. I think it's fine, but I have also never shot a modified trigger. So the stock trigger could be poop.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    The trigger is fine. But I wouldn't want to carry a gun with out night sites on it IMHO
    I agree. I like the trigger. Compared to others it might feel like mush, but I like it mushy. :): I was just saying that I have never shot a modified one to see how bad, so people say, it actually is in the stock form.

Anyone else care to weigh in on these sites and/or other sites?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Nick, keep in mind that those sites in your like are tritium ONLY, not the TFO sights that are fiber optic AND tritium. TFOs are normally ~$90.

I had the TFOs on my 19, now I have the XS Big Dots. I like them both equally.

The TFOs are SUPER bright, day or night. I liked the 3-dot configuration.

The new Big Dots do take getting used to. I'm still learning.

But I think every carry weapon should have a good pair of steel night sights. So those in your link would fit that bill.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Nick, keep in mind that those sites in your like are tritium ONLY, not the TFO sights that are fiber optic AND tritium. TFOs are normally ~$90.

I had the TFOs on my 19, now I have the XS Big Dots. I like them both equally.

The TFOs are SUPER bright, day or night. I liked the 3-dot configuration.

The new Big Dots do take getting used to. I'm still learning.

But I think every carry weapon should have a good pair of steel night sights. So those in your link would fit that bill.
    I thought the price was a little low. I may just hold out until the 1500 and see what is available there.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wouldn't send money to Botach if they were selling Glock pistols for $40. May as well light your money on fire.

You order those sight and you're likely to be charged $120 and receive a rubber chicken rather than the sights you ordered. Worst customer service on the internet.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I wouldn't send money to Botach if they were selling Glock pistols for $40. May as well light your money on fire.

You order those sight and you're likely to be charged $120 and receive a rubber chicken rather than the sights you ordered. Worst customer service on the internet.

Heed the words above.

I am currently in Botach customer service hell.

I was lured in by cheap prices, and I have ordered from them before without incident, but the clusterf*&k that I am currently dealing with is a freakin nightmare.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

I know. So far I am 1-1 with them. I can't stand how rude they are over the phone. The only good thing they have going for them is they don't send their calls to some place in India, and you can actually understand them.

I appreciate the review of Botach, but that was not the purpose of this thread. I was wanting to know if that was a good deal on the TruGlo sites and/or if there is something better.

Top Bottom