• ...and so much more!
  • Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    A few months ago I did it for the first time. IT WAS AWSOME:D
    I have only been able to do it about 6 times, one of them I had an off day and missed most of them but the other times I think I did really good for just starting out. It seemed to come natural to me. Definitely gonna have to get out there more.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Skeet shooting is a blast! I shoot a winter league and broke my first 25 straight this past winter. Remember: never stop swinging the gun and always keep your head down tight on the stock. "Wood to wood" as they say and follow through smoothly. You'll start to hit more and more with practice.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    Skeet shooting is a blast! I shoot a winter league and broke my first 25 straight this past winter. Remember: never stop swinging the gun and always keep your head down tight on the stock. "Wood to wood" as they say and follow through smoothly. You'll start to hit more and more with practice.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind for sure.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I know it is not skeet but the state trap shoot is going on thru Sunday at the Indiana Gun Club. I was able to go today and watch a few round of singles and most of the doubles. It was awesome to watch 5 guys on the line break almost every double thrown, and there are some good deals on shotguns and accessories for skeet or trap shooting.

flatoutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Welcome to the sickness. I started shooting trap about 12 years ago and I havent been able to stop. Enjoy your new hobby!!!

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Never shot trap but I shot a lot of skeet years ago. Wish I could find a place closed to Muncie for either skeet or trap.

Hal42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    Had my first and currently only taste of shooting trap last fall. Old friend of mine had gotten into and asked me to tag along. We went to Indian Creek Shooting Range in Georgetown. Very nice establishment and very friendly and informative staff. We both put 100 rounds of 12ga through his Winchesters.

For lack of better terms I kept telling everyone it was a blast! My shoulder was sore for several days, but I didn't bruise at least. I am looking forward to being able to go again, as every time I swing by a gun store I keep eyeballing shotguns. I held a particularly nice over-under at Falls City Firearms, but quite out of my price range at the time.

ghettogun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Back in

I recently started back in to skeet and trap after many years away. My son bought a Muzzleloader shotgun and we are having more fun with that than the modern guns.

Top Bottom