• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    That was fun, educational, worthwhile and ... fun! Absolutely time well spent. I have taken a few classes and am still learning. I will be attending more of Coach's classes in the future. He's an excellent teacher, separates the important from the "whatever works" and tells you why things are the way they are. Thanks also to my fellow students who made this a great day.

C ya,

brian

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Great class on Saturday with plenty of shooting. The drills were good for learning to shoot on the move as well as shooting multiple targets. Shooting one handed strong hand and weak hand were good to practice. You may not always be able to use both hands depending on the situation. Had a good time learning and shooting as well as the other guys that attended.
    I would take this class again to pick up on something I may have missed the first time around.

Keep training and stay safe,
    Doug

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Coach,

I really enjoyed the class today and I'll be looking forward to attending this one again in the future.

By the way, Rhino's Figure 8 drill was magnificent, I doubt I will forget his panache in performing what could be considered a straight forward exercise to mortal men.

Chris

Heh! I aim to please. Sometimes a guy has to upgrade the menu when proper servicing the threat does not produce suitable results.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Repeat of what everyone else said. I'll admit this is the first training course I've ever been through. I highly recommend anyone looking to improve their own shooting mechanics take one of these courses. I am new to the firearms department having only purchased a gun for the first time ever this year.

I took the course out of personal responsibility as a new gun owner. I feel much more confident to using my handgun than I did before.

Ill look forward to more of coaches training sessions.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Repeat of what everyone else said. I'll admit this is the first training course I've ever been through. I highly recommend anyone looking to improve their own shooting mechanics take one of these courses. I am new to the firearms department having only purchased a gun for the first time ever this year.

I took the course out of personal responsibility as a new gun owner. I feel much more confident to using my handgun than I did before.

You did pretty well for a first timer! Where did you learn what you already knew?

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    You did pretty well for a first timer! Where did you learn what you already knew?

John Wayne films... and lethal weapon 2.

I've watched a lot of various YouTube video to learn holster and grips.... still need a lot of work. More practice will be in my future. I just need to purchase a dillion press to provide the ammo id like to make.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg

Well said..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Man, this course sounds like it was awesome. Too bad I can never find one like it within 30-45 mins of me, I'd love to take a class like this.

Why does it have to be within walking distance of your back yard?

I'd like it if classes were close to my house, but that's not always possible.

How far would you drive to go to an NFL or NBA game? Or to take your wife shopping? People often drive much farther for entertainment than they're willing to drive to participate in training that might make them a little safer.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

How far would you drive to go to an NFL or NBA game? Or to take your wife shopping? People often drive much farther for entertainment than they're willing to drive to participate in training that might make them a little safer.

I wouldn't go to an NFL game if it was down the block, and wouldn't go to an NBA game if it was in my back yard.

Wait, what were we talking about?

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes

Well as a college student that only works part time, I rarely drive anywhere more than 30mins-1hr away... I don't have the time or money. So please try not to make assumptions on my reasoning or about my life by lumping me in with your idea of "everyone else".

Last edited:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Well as a college student that only works part time, I rarely drive anywhere more than 30mins-1hr away... I don't have the time or money. So please try not to make assumptions on my reasoning or about my life by lumping me in with your idea of "everyone else".

I don't think he meant any offense. Generally speaking, though, if you can afford a pistol (or more), the hundreds of rounds of ammo it takes to get through a day of training, and the training class, an extra hour of driving is a small marginal cost.

Similar training is sometimes offered in Warsaw, IN, Rochester, IN, and Crete, IL. Are any of those locations within the distance you are willing to drive?

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I apologize, sir; I did not intend to offend you. For what it's worth, I did not make assumptions, which is why I asked questions.

I don't think he meant any offense. Generally speaking, though, if you can afford a pistol (or more), the hundreds of rounds of ammo it takes to get through a day of training, and the training class, an extra hour of driving is a small marginal cost.

Correct!

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    I apologize, sir; I did not intend to offend you. For what it's worth, I did not make assumptions, which is why I asked questions.

Correct!
    Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted what you were saying then, my bad, I just assumed you were assuming (hah!). :n00b:
    I happen to have the ammo from buying small amounts when I do have money, so the cost of gas+class would be more a financial burden since it is a more up-front cost. At any rate, I'll also be the first to admit that I'm cheap as hell, but I have to agree with you that the cost of the class would be worth it. I just don't physically have the means to do so.
    Jackson, I think those areas are within reasonable distance, so I think Im gonna set aside a training fund to try an save for a course! And the pistol I currently have I saved for around a year to have enough to buy it :D, so while I CAN get the money to spend on these things, it takes me some saving.
    This is my last year of college, so hopefully I will be able to land a job that allows me to pay for all my necessities and leave room for hobbies too (been wanting to buy 500rds of .223 for tha past 6 months lol!)

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    What is your current skill level? What do you want to learn?

If money is that tight and you're at a level where I can help, I'll take you to the range and show you a good chunk of what you'll see in a class. Free. All you have to do is come to Indy and bring ammo.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

If money is that tight and you're at a level where I can help, I'll take you to the range and show you a good chunk of what you'll see in a class. Free. All you have to do is come to Indy and bring ammo.

Jackson would do well. He has a lot to offer.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes

I'm not even sure how to quantify my skill, but I'd have to say I still have a lot to learn. I can't think of anything specific I want to learn, I just want to learn anything that will help me be more confident. ATM, my self-confidence with marksmanship varies from strong to weak, depending on which firearm I'm shooting; for pistols I have shakey confidence in my marksmanship, but I think I do about average.
    I might take you up on that offer if I can get the gas money and time to do so! I appreciate it. Glad to see how willing everyone here is to help a young and learning gun-owner learn more... Thats all I ever wanted and is one reason I joined INGO.

Top Bottom