• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Ok all, so I have a small issue that I have been wondering about. Just for information, I have a bersa thunder 380 which is a somewhat big gun. I am 6'0 tall and 155 pounds. I usually carry at about 4-5 o'clock with an IWB holster with my blue jeans and polos.

I always wear pants and a dress shirt and tie tucked in. Usually a suit jacked. When I am wearing just a dress shirt though, how should I carry? The shirts are tucked in and slim fitting. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you carry? If I am wearing a suit jacked I can just carry on the outside of pants with it covered by the jacked (still sticks out a little but better than most). So how should I carry? I can't open carry because I am in school to be a therapist and clients and their parent's don't always agree with the whole gun thing...Plus I don't like anyone to know that I carry. I would much rather it be a surprise...

Thanks,
    Josh

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have good things to say about the High Noon concealment holsters.

Inside The Waistband

They still clip onto your belt, but you can still tuck in your shirt between the holster and pants which keeps the weapon hidden. The only thing that will be visible is the black metal clip which goes around your belt; people don't notice that, though… they aren't very observant.

ETA - you need to pick one that says "Tuckable" for the feature I described above.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I have the cheapo uncle mikes IWB but I do like it. Its comfy and it conforms to my body so I can bend it. Then again, I haven't tried any other one yet. Those look really nice though. Where do you carry at? Like what number on the clock around your waist?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have the cheapo uncle mikes IWB but I do like it. Its comfy and it conforms to my body so I can bend it. Then again, I haven't tried any other one yet. Those look really nice though. Where do you carry at? Like what number on the clock around your waist?

I carry my lighter, secondary EDC, in that holster. If I'm wearing nicer pants and a shirt, I carry it in the same place I usually carry my primary EDC, which is about 4-5 o'clock on the hip. I also sometimes use that holster when I'm working in the yard or around the house simply because it is lighter and won't pull my shorts down! The metal clip means it will stay on even if I am just wearing basketball shorts with the waistband/drawstring pulled tight—no belt. Can't say it would still work as well if you have it for a bigger weapon.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    A good tuckable holster that allows the gun to b carried low as possible or as belly band and position the grip so its just over the belt. You can't have your shirt too tight either. You'll have to pull it out a bit where the gun is at. In my experience it is easiest to conceal tucked in in the appendix position. Or you could get a smaller gun and pocket carry.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Yeah I do have a slightly bigger weapon. Lots of people don't agree but...it has crimson trace laser for me because my glasses are -7.5 and at night if I wake up I can grab it. It can actually shoot accurately at longer distances and I like the heft to it and the way it fits my hand. Also my 100 pound fiance can shoot it pretty well which is a big deal.

But at christmas time I might try to get another gun. Like an LC9 or a little kahr/kel tec to carry around. And I will definitely have to look at them. Do any gun stores sell them so I can actually try one on?

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    And I will have to try on one of my tight shirts tomorrow and try the different positions. When I actually get my job I will be wearing a suit everyday so it wont matter too much. I might have to look at a new slimmer gun. But thats not an option at this point.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Ok here it is with concealed. The only thing I don't know is what do I actually hook the clip into? If I hook it into anything outside of the dress shirt while it is tucked in, then you can't tuck the shirt in over the clip. I don't think that the gun is actually too obvious the first is almost appendix and the second is 5 oclock.

rsz_20130916_001347_zpsb2c3e711.jpg

rsz_20130916_001436_zps3703e9dd.jpg

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have good things to say about the High Noon concealment holsters.

Inside The Waistband

They still clip onto your belt, but you can still tuck in your shirt between the holster and pants which keeps the weapon hidden. The only thing that will be visible is the black metal clip which goes around your belt; people don't notice that, though… they aren't very observant.

ETA - you need to pick one that says "Tuckable" for the feature I described above.

What he said!

I use a tuckable High Noon. It allows the shirt to be tucked in between the holster and the pants. Put the clip over the belt, or over the top of the pants. You yank up the shirt if you need access. It works. Carry anywhere you like—2-8 o'clock.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Ah ok. So there is like two pieces of material and a slit between them so the shirt can be tucked in? that sounds awesome. I am going to have to order one now.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ah ok. So there is like two pieces of material and a slit between them so the shirt can be tucked in? that sounds awesome. I am going to have to order one now.

Exactly. A conventional inside-the-waistband holster won't let you tuck in the shirt at the same time. These "tuckable" ones let you do that. I took a few photos of mine to try to make it a little more clear.

Side view
    WPmy78c.jpg

Rear view
    iZdnJ0f.jpg

Front view while worn
    oyzVQKu.jpg

Front view while worn with a shirt tucked in
    h6vupoC.jpg

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Oh thats awesome. That is definitely a must have for me. Thanks for taking hte pics. That really helped man.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh thats awesome. That is definitely a must have for me. Thanks for taking hte pics. That really helped man.

Glad to help! Just have to make sure that the one you order from the site says "tuckable" in the name, because they have some that are and some that are not. They do have a lot of variations they can do, so hopefully they have or can make something that will work for your weapon without you needing to change its configuration with the Crimson Trace. If in doubt: Call 'em!

Good luck.

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Oh my crimson trace is actually on the side, not the front like some of the smaller guns. Its why I love it so much rather than the LCP380's. I don't think it will hurt it too bad. I will email them though and ask.

Thunder-380-duoMN-CT-R-prev.jpg

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh my crimson trace is actually on the side, not the front like some of the smaller guns. Its why I love it so much rather than the LCP380's. I don't think it will hurt it too bad. I will email them though and ask.

View attachment 21611

Oh geez, well then I doubt it would be a problem at all. Still can't hurt to call and double check, but I think there's a good chance the gun will ride high enough in the holster that the CT won't interfere.

For example, this one seems to ride pretty high, and they make it for the Bersa.

Split Level

Split-Level-lg.jpg

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Well, your problem is being 6'0 and 155 pounds, go to Olive Garden , eat there everyday for bout 3 months, gain 100 pounds, way easier for fat guys to hide another lump under their dress shirt. Works for me!:D

jtwilson3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    I don't know if my fiance would like me gaining 100 pounds. But I guess I could get some extra heat going.

And oh yeah. I don't think it will be any problem at all. And I love this gun too much to consider anything else.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Everybody has their problems. I've seen threads about fat people and skinny people complaining that it is difficult to conceal.

My first thought is that you should just quit worrying about concealing and embrace the ability to open carry in Indiana! I can't do it here in Florida, and I miss it.

But then my second, more serious, thought is that I am reminded of Rob Boatman's famous essay, "The Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun", wherein he admonishes those of us who carry as follows: (emphasis added)

Carrying a loaded gun with the ability and will to use it is not a casual fling meant to bring some excitement into your boring life. It is an all-embracing lifestyle and must take precedence over your respect for law, your fear of social criticism, your love of humanity, your wardrobe and your drinking habits.

You can never be unaware of the weight you carry on your hip or under your arm. You can never forget your responsibilities. You must wear your Glock with the same allegiance as your wedding ring. If you’re not married, your Glock is your wedding ring. Wear it for life. Don’t even think about leaving home without it. Be prepared to use it at a moment’s notice. Carry it all the time. And shoot to kill.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My High Noon tuckable holster has served me well for years. But be aware that these single tab/clip leather tuckables present some "unique" issues in the restroom. Be sure to try out this situation at home before going out and needing to use a public restroom! I'm sure you'll develiop your own technique, as I did.
    It's dangerous, to say nothing of embarrasing, to have your pistol hit the restroom floor, or land in the stool. (gasp!!) :runaway:
    You can search INGO for ideas.

Top Bottom