• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I was wondering what some opinions are on the value of an SKS-D. In very nice condition with spike bayonet. Anybody own one in here and care to share some opinions on how they shoot and function? Any info is appreciated.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was wondering what some opinions are on the value of an SKS-D. In very nice condition with spike bayonet. Anybody own one in here and care to share some opinions on how they shoot and function? Any info is appreciated.
    They are getting rarer and harder to find every day it seems.

I've seen some "deals" for around $400, but they never last very long at that price. The ones I've seen lately have been at least $500, with some all the way up to $650 :n00b:.

If you find one in good condition for a decent price, I would get it as they aren't making any more of them, so the prices will only continue to climb.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I would guess by looking at your avatar that you have one and are looking to sell one. I think quad is spot on. Depending on condition/parts they can go from 400-650.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have got one in my shop for $389.99 plus tax. It has the original Norinco 30 round AK magazine. It is missing one small screw which would be about a buck at most hardware stores.

If it doesn't sell in the shop by Tuesday it's going on gunbroker.

If any one is interested and lives South shoot me a pm and I will hold it until you get here.

Rick
    Falls City Firearms
    812-725-1911

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have got one in my shop for $389.99 plus tax. It has the original Norinco 30 round AK magazine. It is missing one small screw which would be about a buck at most hardware stores.

If any one is interested and lives South shoot me a pm and I will hold it until you get here.

Rick
    Falls City Firearms
    812-725-1911
    Darn you :xmad:
    You just had to go and post that:laugh:

If I hadn't just made some significant purchases I would be all over that one. :(

I doubt you'll have any trouble selling it at that price.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Thanks for the reply's. This particular one is a Beta Arms import, with the stripper clip guide in the bolt, I believe it is an early import. It is in really good condition, but the mag is a pain in the neck to get in and out. I don't think alot of these were imported, this one's serial number is in the 4,xxx's.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Darn you :xmad:
    You just had to go and post that:laugh:

If I hadn't just made some significant purchases I would be all over that one. :(

I doubt you'll have any trouble selling it at that price.

Selling it will be easy.

The hard part is convincing myself not to keep it. No one into guns should ever open a gun shop...It's to easy to say to yourself, "You know...technically I own that gun....so I will just fill out this 4473 and....No...Must resist...This is a long gun...I will not be able to sneak this past She who notices such things...Must stick to handguns that fit into my man purse...":D

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Selling it will be easy.

The hard part is convincing myself not to keep it. No one into guns should ever open a gun shop...It's to easy to say to yourself, "You know...technically I own that gun....so I will just fill out this 4473 and....No...Must resist...This is a long gun...I will not be able to sneak this past She who notices such things...Must stick to handguns that fit into my man purse...":D

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those "significant purchases" that I talked about were of the longer variety. I've got a certain female at home that notices as well:rolleyes:

It was tough, but I'm pretty sure I managed to sneak those past her into the safe without notice. Good thing too! There would have been hell to pay:n00b:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    D Model SKS,s are rarer than there M model cousins. If the one you have has the matching bolt with the stripper clip guide on it then you have one of the more desirable models. Prices right now are around $500.00 and with all that has happened in the last 2 weeks, and with the possibility of 4 more years with Barry at the helm expect prices to only rise. I have had several people tell me that they could only use chinese mags in theres, but mine likes all makes and flavors.

My D Model with my /26\ pre ban SKS

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Miller Tyme, thanks for the info! I don't own the rifle yet, but did put it in layaway at my LGS :) And it does have the numbers matching bolt with the stripper clip guide, serial number in the 4,xxx's. Do you have any idea how many of these were imported in 88?

Tgallmey, yes there is a few thumbhole stock versions. I've owned an SKS-M before that had a thumbhole stock, and was the shorter paratrooper length.. Pretty neat rifles, only downside IMO is that the mags are a little trickier to insert than with the AK's.

rpsthirteen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Jeffersonville

Rick
    Falls City Firearms
    812-725-1911

im in jeffersonville and interested. ill call you when i wake up in the morning.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

Rick
    Falls City Firearms
    812-725-1911

How'd I miss this? Those have always intrigued me... I'll have to stop in before it disappears.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Correction. Some of the model D's were thumbhole stocks.

picture.php

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Mine use to look like that. Now has Vietnam fiberglass stock & Lyman peep sight. Very sweet
    shooter and light weight.

Top Bottom