• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Correction. Some of the model D's were thumbhole stocks.

picture.php

That picture looks like the SKS-M to me. The SKS-D model that I'm speaking of is the pre-ban version that has a 20 inch barrel, accepts AK mags, and has a spike bayonet. The "M" models were the post 89 ban versions. I do think that there is one "D" model that came with the thumbhole stock though, but I could be wrong.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    That picture looks like the SKS-M to me. The SKS-D model that I'm speaking of is the pre-ban version that has a 20 inch barrel, accepts AK mags, and has a spike bayonet. The "M" models were the post 89 ban versions. I do think that there is one "D" model that came with the thumbhole stock though, but I could be wrong.

M Models where made with both Thumbhole and Monte Carlo style stocks and came in both carbine and paratrooper models, D Models all came in the military style stock, some w/o bayo's and a few with the stripper guide in the bolt.

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    M Models where made with both Thumbhole and Monte Carlo style stocks and came in both carbine and paratrooper models, D Models all came in the military style stock, some w/o bayo's and a few with the stripper guide in the bolt.

The rifle I was thinking of is the Chinese "63". Not sure if it'd be considered a "D" or "M", but was imported in 1988 with 20'' barrel, thumbhole stock, and no bayo.. Here is the page I saw it on..

AK magazine conversion spotters guide. (They are not all M's)

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Thought so. I saw them the last time I was in there and just had to :laugh: at the prices.

Is he pretty firm on prices, or does he negotiate at all?

No he can go higher. He won't deal with me on those and he considers me a friend lol. I agree there too high. I'll yell at em tomorrow.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No he can go higher. He won't deal with me on those and he considers me a friend lol. I agree there too high. I'll yell at em tomorrow.
    Give em' hell!

I guess I just don't understand that mindset. You would think he would be willing to move on those prices as opposed to keeping them in his store for years.

Maybe they hold some sort of sentimental value for him. Or maybe he just paid too much for them to begin with :n00b:

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Give em' hell!

I guess I just don't understand that mindset. You would think he would be willing to move on those prices as opposed to keeping them in his store for years.

Maybe they hold some sort of sentimental value for him. Or maybe he just paid too much for them to begin with :n00b:

I know him pretty personally. He got them during the AWB so he did pay too much for them. He wont budge under $4000 for a HK94 either. I think the SKSs were somewhere in the $4-500 area. Then again look at where the prices of new WASRs and even SKSs are heading. Soon it wont be too far off. With dealer cost on a "new" WASR hitting $500 the SKS is still cheaper. New Yugo SKS dealer price is around $300 I believe.

Top Bottom