• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Combined between myself, my brother and my dad we have 5 Russian SKS's .

I like the SKS platform. More accuarte than the AK by far, on par with the AK in reliablility and just an all around great looking and feeling gun.

I'm not really sure why they aren't as popular as the AK.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Me, my Dad and my son all have Norinco SKS's and love them. I have owned mine since 1988 when I bought it in California during my time in the service. I remember back when you could get a new in the box Norinco for under a 100 bucks back in the 90's. Those were the days.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Have you tried the search fuction above for sks? Been tons on sks here, alll you have to do is search.

Oh, and no you are not the only one who has an sks.
    No, I didn't do a search on it, I just knew I haven't seen a lot of threads or talking about them. I don't really understand why, because they are very reliable rifles. Was just wondering.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yugo here, with Tech Sights. Love mine!

Untitled.jpg

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    1956 Sino Soviet here. LOVE this rifle. Currently sitting in an ATI Strikeforce stock, 20 round tapco duckbill mags. I have all the original wood for it along with the bayonet
    that doesnt work with the muzzle device.

picture.php

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Chinese Paratrooper

-Tech Sights rear sight
    -Fire Sights red front fiber optic sight
    -Recoil Buffer

Love this rifle. A lot of fire power in a fairly small package. Not to mention the giant fireball when the trigger is pulled, LOL

001-4_zps23143a5e.jpg

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Chinese Paratrooper

-Tech Sights rear sight
    -Fire Sights red front fiber optic sight
    -Recoil Buffer

Love this rifle. A lot of fire power in a fairly small package. Not to mention the giant fireball when the trigger is pulled, LOL

001-4_zps23143a5e.jpg
    A lot of people like to "Tech" them up, but I think they are great looking just as they are. I love mine too.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Romanian Military in a Tapco stock and 20 round Tapco duckbills(not pictured). Burris scope. I have a shell deflector on the way. Extended mag catch/release installed. Wouldn't trade or sell this for anything . Very accurate rifle.

8716495242_0cfbe6de9c_b_d.jpg

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    :) Well there is just so much talk about AKs and ARs and 10/22s and everything, that I thought I`d see how far this went. Besides I love my SKS so this also was a chance to see other peoples.

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Unlike the AK'S, my Romanian SKS has a milled receiver. Not all do but I'm not sure which countries used milled receivers and which used stamped in their SKS productions. Combine the milled receiver along with the stiffer barrel that doesn't flop and flex all over the place like the AK'S, and it makes the SKS a real winner.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Unlike the AK'S, my Romanian SKS has a milled receiver. Not all do but I'm not sure which countries used milled receivers and which used stamped in their SKS productions. Combine the milled receiver along with the stiffer barrel that doesn't flop and flex all over the place like the AK'S, and it makes the SKS a real winner.

Agreed my Sino is milled and very accurate.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    im under the impression that a stamp receiver sks is only on a few Chinese models (some one correct me if im wrong) but most sks's are milled... and the stamp models are fairly rare in the states id love to get my hands on one

hard to beat a sks none the less

Top Bottom