• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    A buddy of mine has a sks he's wanting to sell. I'm thinking about it but I don't know anything about them. I've tried the search feature on here but my iPhone wont cooperate. He's asking $250 for it but I don't know what to look for such as where it was made. What is better when it comes to manufacture or is it personal preference ? I haven't seen this gun for several months but as I remember its in decent condition. Is $250 too much? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated and sorry if this is a frequent question. Thanks GD

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I'm not versed in SKS's, but for $250 if it was in nice condition with clean bore, no rust, nice wood, functions correctly, etc. I would buy it.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    The one that is the most different is a Yugoslavian. It was only one with a grenade launcher originally. If the foreword end of the gas block has a button that can be depressed and pivoted up to 12 o clock and a ladder like assembly lifted up. It is a Yugo. Fine wepon. Non chrome lined bore so check it good.

The other thing to look for is a barrel nut. If the end of the receiver where the barrel is inserted, has a tapered flange. The barrel is threaded in these are worth more and generally more accurate than a pressed barrel. With the pressed barrel at the end of the receiver it is square with the cylendrical barrel sticking out. Norinco made both versions.

Do some research but yes in this market, if the bore is good and it shoots good $250 is a good deal. There is a great book about the AK and how to build one that has a mediocre section about the SKS

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A tip for searching on a phone. Go to New Post then go to the last one on the bottom of the page. Under that there is a bar that should say "SEARCH FORUMS" with the "GO" button right next to it. Just hit the GO and it takes you to the main search screen.

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    Thanks a lot for all your info. I will look at the gun now with a bit more knowledge than before. I was afraid there may possibly be a white elephant model that wasn't worth that kind of $$$. Il go have a looksee at it and see what the bore looks like but I doubt if he's ever cleaned it. Thanks again GD

Top Bottom