• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    I am trying to pick up an SKS... Does anyone know of any stores that carry them? I am in Greenwood, work in Mooresville and can travel anywhere in the Indy area.

Thanks,

Craig

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Craig,

Might hit Beech Grove Firearms and/or Plainfield Shooter Supply.

Elmore's in Greenwood might have one, too. But it's been a while since I"ve been in.

I was in Bradis a few weekends ago and didn't notice any SKSs there.

There's also a pawn shop at 10th and Alton (Westside Pawn & Loan)...looks like a rather dumpy place, but they have a surprising firearms selection. Prices are hit and miss.... Customer service is NOT their strong suit...

But before you hop in your vehicle and burn gas, might want to make phone calls first.

Also, before you know it, you'll be able to participate in the classifieds here on INGO. Just start reading other threads and voicing your opinion and/or expertise.

-J-

CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    Not to pickie, just one in fair shape. I had a norinco and had good luck with it until I had the bright idea to sell it! Now I have a hankering to pick up another, I already have a few other 7.62x39 guns so i thought it would make a good addition.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Either Bradis or Wanamaker may be good places to check. In both cases, call first. I've been to Bradis when there were 3 SKSs on the rack and back a week later when there were none. It's hit and miss. I think an SKS can show up just about anywhere, so calling around would get you a good idea of what's available and save gas wasted driving everywhere. The last one I bought was at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood. They are not known for their good prices, but I got a really nice, early Russian SKS for $269 last December.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    i was thinking about buying an sks in the next 2 weeks or so. is there anything that i need to look out for with them?

jknapp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    man id recommend a romanian sks. my buddy has one and the thing is the most accurate weapon i have ever shot. which is suprising kuz the norinco my dad has couldnt hit the side of a barn lol
    try a romanian with a tactial synthetic stock.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    ha yea iv heard some people say the norinco ones are junk. but then again i have also heard they among top of the line. so i have no idea. im gonna try to get a yugo but i doubt ill be able to find one around delaware county area. i know of some shops that have norincos in very good shape

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My Norinco shoots 3-4" groups at 100 with crappy ammo. Never really got into the expensive stuff. For a battle rifle, i'll take it. Wouldn't be afraid to use it on whitetail if it were legal in Indiana.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Norinco and my son has a Russian SKS. The build quality of the Russian is a bit better, especially in the trigger group, but both are accurate out to about 100 yards. I've seen nothing in the Norinco as compared to the Russian that would qualify it as junk.

Top Bottom