• indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Hey guys,

I picked up a Slide Fire AR stock at Plainfield last week. Picked up a new buffer tube at Bradis (this won't work on an A2 tube) and those guys were good enough to just install the new stock for me... took about 2 minutes.

Now, I didn't really know what to expect. I mean, would this thing work? Would it take some finesse to get it to fire right? Would it be controllable? I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that even on my first shots it worked perfectly and was very controllable. Even my wife (who is small) shot this thing well.

So... it works. It's a TON OF FUN. In my opinion it's worth every penny. I mean, full auto for $350? HELL YES!

Here's the video of the first shots...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yY54PIVRY[/ame]

Did I mention that it's TONS OF FUN?

:ingo:

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    i have a question if someone could help me answer.......i have a CMMG .22lr conversion for my CMMG M4LE and have been thinking about getting one of the slidefire stocks.....any idea if the conversion will work with the slidefire? a lot cheaper to shoot if it works

P.S. This video made me happy

Not in my experiance, not enough recoil, works with 5.45 though :)

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    So... it works. It's a TON OF FUN. In my opinion it's worth every penny. I mean, full auto for $350? HELL YES!

That looks frickin' sweet. Full auto on the cheap for sure! Time to stock up on .223! :rockwoot: :ar15:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Hey guys,

I picked up a Slide Fire AR stock at Plainfield last week. Picked up a new buffer tube at Bradis (this won't work on an A2 tube) and those guys were good enough to just install the new stock for me... took about 2 minutes.

Now, I didn't really know what to expect. I mean, would this thing work? Would it take some finesse to get it to fire right? Would it be controllable? I was VERY pleasantly surprised to find that even on my first shots it worked perfectly and was very controllable. Even my wife (who is small) shot this thing well.

Here's the video of the first shots...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yY54PIVRY

:ingo:
    Do they make one for the ak? If so I want one. (Final count down starts to play. Looks at camera.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Right now the Feds say this is legal, and if I'm correct the manufactuer inclused a letter from them with every purchase. If... wait when, the Feds decide this is illegal, do you guys think that those already purchased will be grandfathered?

Oh, and OP, awesome!

huskymt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Nevada
    I’ve had my Slide Fire for over six months now and here is what I’ve learned. The Slide Fire works awesome! If you are thinking about buying a legal full auto, do yourself a big favor and go buy the Slide Fire and try it out, you will be impressed. If you already have a Slide Fire install a H2 buffer, this will slow down the rate of fire just a bit so everything functions 100%. The Slide Fire device needs recoil to operate so if you have a (very good) recoil reducing muzzle brake on you AR it will have effect on just how much forward pressure you will need to operate the gun.
    Recently I was at our local county range helping a local vendor test a new type of hi-cap magazine(s). In a 2 hour time frame I shot over 1500 rounds of Lake City M855 in Full auto M4’s & SCAR 17. Toward the end I brought out my AR with the Slide Fire and let the Range Master and another individual try it out. After shooting my AR both guys wanted to know where they could go order the Slide Fire.
    I’m very happy with how the Slide Fire works and you will be too.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Right now the Feds say this is legal, and if I'm correct the manufactuer inclused a letter from them with every purchase. If... wait when, the Feds decide this is illegal, do you guys think that those already purchased will be grandfathered?

Oh, and OP, awesome!

I had the same thought... surely they'll find a way to make this illegal... and if they do I plan to have a few saved up for that rainy day!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Oh, and OP, awesome!

Nope, they won't be. If ATF re-classifies them as a machine-gun, they will be confiscated from the owners. That's what happened to the Akins Accelerator. It's a stock for a 10/22 that sort of duplicated the results of the Slide Fire, but with different mechanics.

The ATF originally classified it as legal, then changed their mind and re-classified it as a machine gun. They went around and confiscated them from everyone that bought them. It also ruined the owner of the company financially.

What might be different about that stock is that the action "floated" in the stock, and it had springs to bring the action back forward and cause the trigger to contact the shooter's finger. With the Slide Fire, you are pulling the action forward into contact with your finger. It's not an automatic action. If you fire the Slide Fire one-handed, it will not fire again. If you fired the Akins Accelerator one-handed, it would continue to fire, since the action just bounces in the stock.

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    It would be nice to own one of these. I talked to a dealer about them and he said if you're worried about them being confiscated by the ATF, just pay cash. No personal info or paperwork is needed since it's not classified as a firearm. He compared it to buying an upper receiver for an AR. Of course that could be because he wanted me to spend $350.00...then another $150 or so for 5 minutes of ammo.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    It would be nice to own one of these. I talked to a dealer about them and he said if you're worried about them being confiscated by the ATF, just pay cash. No personal info or paperwork is needed since it's not classified as a firearm. He compared it to buying an upper receiver for an AR. Of course that could be because he wanted me to spend $350.00...then another $150 or so for 5 minutes of ammo.
    Ya but if it is ever deemed illegal, if you paid cash, it would still be illegal! It would be like trying to hide a machine gun without the proper tax stamps, etc. A great way to go to federal prison.

That thing looks like it works incredibly well. That is why I think they will go after it.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom