• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I won't comment on that particular sling...

But if you want the most usable stability out of a slung pistol - it'll be a single point sling adjusted so that it's taught at the full extension you need it to be when shooting.

Unless, of course, the AR pistol will be brought backwards in order to get a cheek weld on the brace/buffer tube. Then I can't help you.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I run the same Magpul MS4 that is used for the long guns. Run it through the arm brace of the SB PDW and connect at the QD mount built into the front of the brace. The pistol hangs the same as the rifles with a rear stock QD mount. I carry with it as a two point, but like the versatility to adjust and switch to single point.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Single point slings are great for hitting yourself in the crotch with your rifle. Even a hunting pistol deserves a proper two point sling.
    this is a good sling adjustable and not too pricey. Well made.

https://www.amazon.com/STI-Rifle-Sl...29&keywords=sling&refinements=p_36:1253555011

I use this sling on 3 different types of ARs (pistol, carbine, SPR) and they are a pretty good option for the money.

They are adjustable, but not as quick and smooth as some of the more expensive options like Magpul, Vickers, etc., but they are about 1/2 to 1/3 the price. Once you have them set to a length you like they are rock solid, and they aren't really difficult to adjust, but it does take some effort to find the right position, angle and tension to slide the loop. It's fine for a hunting gun or the casual user. I'd likely pick one of the more expensive options for a true patrol or battle rifle, something you're using in tandem with a chest rig and lots of gear where adjustments may need to be made more frequently.

Also I found I prefer a traditional GI sling for my SPR or when shooting prone. The STI doesn't allow for wrapping the loop around the bicep and getting that rock solid base. You can only get it wrapped around your forearm, which leaves more slack and is less stable for longer range shots. Again, personal preference.

All that said. The STI is a good, no frills choice that should work fine for a hunting gun.

Top Bottom