• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I was at a local shop Saturday browsing when a older man came in and stood next to me. He asked the owner to see a o/u trap gun. As soon as he had it in his hands he shouldered it and spun to the left smacking me square in the head with the barrel. The owner and I were both speachless (if you don't count my yelling ow). He said sorry and said he couldn't see well out of that eye. I told him I hadn't moved since he got there. It made my visit memorable for sure.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Sorry

Sorry but I had to laugh at that. No doubt speechless would apply. Hope it was at least a nice gun! You just gotta' watch some of us old-timers! :D

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    You probably deserved it.
    Something you did in your youth, you know, Karma.
    How can you possibly blame the old man?
    funny story

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Can't see well and shooting aren't a good mix! At least it wasn't at the range :n00b:
    Within reason there is nothing wrong with somebody that has sight problems to go shooting. Based upon the information from the article I gather this stereotypical information on the "older gentleman" in the OP. Likely a retired man that enjoys spending his time on a trap range (very, very controlled environment) and that gives him meaning and purpose in his retirement. He may have a slight sight problem in one eye, which is why his gun hobby is not mostly limited to target shooting, mostly trap shooting, where the environment is controlled and the odds of him injuring somebody due to his sight problems are very slim. He doesn't like being limited to those things, but he knows that is what is best and safest for others.

:D

I would chalk it up to an accident and sit down and talk with him, he probably has a lot of stories to tell and I'm sure he could impart some wisdom on almost anybody he meets if they're open to it.

:twocents:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Man, I can't wait till I'm old enough to start smacking people with barrels and get out of by saying "sorry youngster, can't see very well" (as I laugh silently to myself).

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    When I get old, I'm gonna pistol whip someone and say "oh sorry about that, I thought you were a mountain lion"

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Don't leave us hanging. What was the brand and guage of the shotgun? Was it new or used? Did the old fella buy it?:dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom