• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which small pistol primer would you buy?

• Total voters

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    a primer is a primer. its a preferance thing, i think the cci seat a little easier in my lee

The longer you reload, and the more different kinds of rounds you reload for, the less you will believe that "a primer is a primer". That's like saying a hammer is a hammer. If you're building bird houses with finish nails or framing walls for a real house, the kind of hammer you use matters...same thing with primers.

445supermag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Rising Sun, IN
    I HAVE USED THEM BOTH ALSO USED REMINGTON & FERDERAL PRIMMERS TOO. I DID SEE NO DIFFERTS. THE BOOKS SHOW ONE PRIMMER BUT I MAY USED SOMETHING DIFFERT STILL SHOOT THE SAME TO ME.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    With the last batch of CCI SPPs I got from <shudder> GM, I started having light strikes on ALL of my wheel guns. Colt, S&W, Taurus, Dan Wesson...ALL of them...

I switched to Winchester and no problems at all.

I haven't had any issues in my autos with either brand. So, I'll use both until I run out and probably stick to Winchesters to keep things uniform.

dasprung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Never seen any difference in the two with how they perform. The only thing I noticed with my rifles is that the winchesters produced a slightly higher fps (averaged out to like 10 fps which is minuscle) I tend to gravitate more toward CCI if for no other reason than this: CCI makes the best rimfire ammo, and a primer is really nothing more than a miniature rimfire

Top Bottom