• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Although I have been to the 1500 twice, I've not gone looking for a holster. Have any of you seen the Smart Carry or a knock-off, there before? I would like to get one sooner than two weeks. If not, I will go ahead and push the e-button on Saturday afternoon.

I had mine within the same week I ordered it. Not sure if that is normal, but it was much quicker than I was anticipating.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have the Thunderwear version. It doesn't print in jeans with a smaller gun. Can't imagine a full sized 1911.

My only problem with it is when you have to go...and I mean when you have to go. It's a little tough for me to be standing and take care of business. Maybe I need to practice more.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have the Thunderwear version. It doesn't print in jeans with a smaller gun. Can't imagine a full sized 1911.

My only problem with it is when you have to go...and I mean when you have to go. It's a little tough for me to be standing and take care of business. Maybe I need to practice more.

I was at the 1500 thinking about that very same thing. I guess every trip will be to the crapper to avoid revealing that I'm CCing.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    you guys have me thinking about that smart carry.

Would work well with sweats or gym shorts that use a drawstring instead of a belt system.

Be great for summer time.

As a matter of fact yes. I just back from the gym while wearing mine. 45 min of cardio and it it stays put every time.

I've found that moving it to my hip works best as I ride the recumbent bike (bad knees) and if not I occasionally crush things that should not be crushed. If just running or on the eleptical carrying it in the front is no problem at all.

I'm not sure I could pull it off with a 1911 or something heavy but my Kel-Tec P32 isn't even noticeable.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Dude, little league/fishing=OC!!

Seriously though, running is no problem. It takes a little bit of getting used to, sure - but so would running with a fanny pack. I can carry a J-Frame Snubby and jog without trouble. I have also done so with a Glock 17, and while it wasn't as comfortable, it worked for the time..

The only downside is that the backside of a smartcarry is a wicking material. The front is bluejean material. If you get really sweaty, it may look kinda funny that your groin is completely dry, like you have super underwear or something. I guess technically you do, but that's beside the point. I typically don't work out that hard, though..

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    wait... you work out with it??

I was just thinking for little league games and fishing and stuff.

Sure do without any issues at all. During cardio, when I crotch carried with it my junk sweat like you wouldn't believe. Since I've moved it to the hip I don't have that issue anymore.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have been using the Smart Carry for a week. I must say it is very comfortable and non-binding. It does not produce a detectable print. Besides, like someone already pointed out, who stares at someone's crotch? Lastly, any additional heat produced by the material is not noticeable. I would recommend this holster for those who must adhere to business or business-casual dress codes.

Top Bottom