• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've gotten three Mosins in as many months and since the price for a 91/30 is still less than $80 on AIM, I was wondering if it makes any sense to get another? I was thinking about getting one for my son (8 years old) and holding it for some special time or even using one for a project. I'm just wondering if I really need/want this thing or if the low price is calling me to make an unnecessary purchase.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    91/30's are available for $80ish all day long from numerous vendors, I wouldn't buy another unless you're really after one. I had a 91/30 and sold it, I kept my M38 and M44, as well as an old turkish mauser to help round out my older foreign milsurp long gun collection.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've gotten three Mosins in as many months and since the price for a 91/30 is still less than $80 on AIM, I was wondering if it makes any sense to get another? I was thinking about getting one for my son (8 years old) and holding it for some special time or even using one for a project. I'm just wondering if I really need/want this thing or if the low price is calling me to make an unnecessary purchase.

QUE have you though about getting an M44 MOSIN, it's a nice carbine, I have one & it shoot fine:twocents:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'd buy another and another. Surely the $80 Mosin days will come to an end someday.

I agree with this and also with you Que. Mosin's are great rifles, we were shooting steel with one at 500 yards Saturday. Had a lot of fun shooting it, my shoulder didn't agree the next morning but they are dang fine rifles. Period.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Mosin-Nagant-Arm-5-people.jpg

No Mosin thread is complete without this.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Man you all are quick, one hour since Que's post and they are sold out of the $80 91/30's. Better start looking elsewhere for the cheap Mosin's.

Think I am going to hold out for a M44 for my second Mosin.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You should try to find a 91/59!

I will, but I want that Swiss K31 rifle that Prometheus covered on the Military Arms Channel, first.

Man you all are quick, one hour since Que's post and they are sold out of the $80 91/30's. Better start looking elsewhere for the cheap Mosin's.

Think I am going to hold out for a M44 for my second Mosin.

M44's are going for $199 on AIM. I wouldn't hold off too long.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I remember back in the day when the gun store in Warsaw had cases of SKSs and was selling them for 89.00 ea. How much do they go for now?
    I myself was thinking of buying tons of Mosins, because of this.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Que, since you like Mosins so much, you should look at getting a Finn. A M39 is fairly easy to find, and can be had in arsenal new condition.They also tend to very accurate, with quality ammo most are close, if not equal, to the K31 in accuracy.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    A guy on Armslist Kentucky had a Finnish Mosin for $195, I think he was in Lexington, could go through an FFL to be legal.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wow, they are sold out of the $69 ones too. From the notification message on there though, I'm guessing they will re-stock soon. I've bought a few of the $69 rifles, and although they are in not as nice of shape as the higher priced ones, they are still bargains. I'm current building a sporterized one, with ATI stock, scope mount and scope, and custom paint job. I'd say if you like em' and enjoy shooting em' by all means buy as many as you can get your mitts on. My oldest boy has a nice hex receiver he bought with his summer job earnings, and he loves it. (plus he keeps it locked up with all of mine, so I can admire it whenever I want).:D

Top Bottom