• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netlander10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    If you are thinking of on orf the Smiths on a K frame then they are superb! Dad has a k2 masterpiece and i shoot a k22 model 17. Deadly accurate and beautiful trigger pulls. Cant go wrong with almost any of the Smith 22 revolvers.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    sturge, Smith and Wesson made dozens of models of .22lr revolvers--17, 18, 34, 43, 45, 63, 317, 617, inter alia.

Which model are you looking at? Current production?

We at INGO luvs us some .22 Smiths.:D

utf-8BRmFpcmZpZWxkLTIwMTExMTIwLTAwMDUxLmpwZw.jpg

sturge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Madison County
    sturge, Smith and Wesson made dozens of models of .22lr revolvers--17, 18, 34, 43, 45, 63, 317, 617, inter alia.

Which model are you looking at? Current production?

We at INGO luvs us some .22 Smiths.:D

utf-8BRmFpcmZpZWxkLTIwMTExMTIwLTAwMDUxLmpwZw.jpg

I'm not sure of which model. I'm new to revolvers so wasn't exactly were to look to find model. The barrel didn't. I will look next time I'm there. It is one I'm trying to keep in the family it belonged to my grandfather that passed in late 1990's .it looks pretty similar to your picture the best I can remember.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Swing the cylinder out and look on the frame behind the crane. This is where the model and series numbers are located. 17-2 would be model 17, series 2.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Smith didn't use model numbers until 1957. Since it was your grandfather's, it may pre-date that. The serial number is always on the bottom of the grip frame. If you could post/send the serial number (x out the last 2 or 3 digits if you want) and pictures, I will try to look it up in Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson. We should be able to figure out the model and aprox. date of manufacture. Really need some good clear pictures to be sure. Be sure to include any letter prefix or suffix of the serial number.

Top Bottom