• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    WOW Smith and Wesson really has a handle on this internet stuff!

"Dear WebHobbit,

Thank You for contacting us regarding your Smith&Wesson or Thompson Center Product.

Our goal is to respond to your inquiry within 3 to 5 business days.

Please note that email correspondence is answered in the order it is received and that more information may be required in order for us to serve you better."

3-5 days to answer an email???????????????????????????

I say if one has ANY SORT of web presence in 2018 and can't respond to a simple email within 24 hours they need to just shut it down.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    WOW Smith and Wesson really has a handle on this internet stuff!

"Dear WebHobbit,

Thank You for contacting us regarding your Smith&Wesson or Thompson Center Product.

Our goal is to respond to your inquiry within 3 to 5 business days.

Please note that email correspondence is answered in the order it is received and that more information may be required in order for us to serve you better."

3-5 days to answer an email???????????????????????????

I say if one has ANY SORT of web presence in 2018 and can't respond to a simple email within 24 hours they need to just shut it down.

Well, to be fair... they did respond (auto respond). Obviously answering email contacts is more of a staffing thing than a web presence thing, but I get what you are saying.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Response time is dependent on the quantity on incoming emails, the detail level needed to provide an appropriate response and the quantity of staff able to provide said response.

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    I e-mailed them last Friday about a part for my 45C at 9:16am, same responce. They e-mailed me back at 11:18 saying they were shipping my part in 7-10 working days. Not too bad in my book. :rockwoot:

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    They actually responded a while ago. So that's good. Insofar as staff....if it takes longer than 24 hours for simple stuff then they need to STAFF UP.

No. They don't. The amount of staff to guarantee a 24 hour response time would be far more than they would need the vast majority of the time. This benefit would only be seen by an exceptionaly small fraction of customers. Only those who had an issue, and only if they had an issue in an unusually busy time.

They would be paying people they didn't need and passing an un needed cost on to the consumer.

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    We will have to agree to disagree. The internet is nearly everywhere now and it just doesn't take that long to answer a simple question. I'm talking seconds here. Technology has come a long way and so has people's expectations for quick communication. Looks like they are doing really well and that automated message is probably pretty old...and the standard is likely closer to 24 hours now.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I email or contact firearms vendors with questions all the time. I would say 2 days is a pretty average response time. Technical questions are not something that can be answered by the guy/gal who monitors the emails. They have to read the email, then forward it to the appropriate person. That person in the know is probably a technician or engineer or parts person that has a job other then answering and email.

I get calls and emails all the time at work. Goes something like this in order of response time. 1) people who report directly to me because that is why I am there. 2) people who are running our machinery because shutting down loses money. 3) Sales people within our company because they serve the customer. 4) A large or loyal customer. 5) everybody else. If you are in the #5 spot I would not be expecting a same day response.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I sent an email to SW about a replacement barrel and received the same autoresponse. Within two days, I received a return email with an answer and a direct call # for any follow up questions.

To me, that is more than acceptable customer service.

Top Bottom