• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    s&w used to make a pro series m&p in a 4.25 barrel. when i bought my m&p thats what i wanted, but i couldnt find them anywhere so i bought the m&p9 range and carry kit. the m&p shield trigger has a reset, and supposedly s&w is going to start putting the same triggers in all m&p's.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    s&w used to make a pro series m&p in a 4.25 barrel. when i bought my m&p thats what i wanted, but i couldnt find them anywhere so i bought the m&p9 range and carry kit. the m&p shield trigger has a reset, and supposedly s&w is going to start putting the same triggers in all m&p's.

They actually had a pro series 4.25 at the shop when i bought mine. They said it had a little bit nicer trigger in it. I cant remember how much more it was but it was enough where i bought the one I did. This was my first S&W and I wasnt sure if I was even gonna like it so I didnt want to spend more than needed. Im kinda kickin myself now because I REALLY like the M&P. lol

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    They actually had a pro series 4.25 at the shop when i bought mine. They said it had a little bit nicer trigger in it. I cant remember how much more it was but it was enough where i bought the one I did. This was my first S&W and I wasnt sure if I was even gonna like it so I didnt want to spend more than needed. Im kinda kickin myself now because I REALLY like the M&P. lol

Once you get the Apex parts, you'll like it a lot better.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    I picked up an M&P 9fs Pro this summer and I've been very satisfied with it. Love the feel of the smooth recoil, easy to get back on target quickly, and the dependability. The trigger isn't bad on the Pro being tactile but not audible on the reset. My accuracy not as good as yours but I'm hoping it improves with practice, my fault not the gun's.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Glad you love your M&P. Had a Glock of some sort for over 15 years, but fell in love with the M&P after shooting my wife's 9c. Traded my 19 for a 9c as well. I personally don't mind the trigger. I can feel a slight re-set and shoot it well. As with any gun, there are minor differences that you need to get used to. My double action revolvers felt different than the DA/SA of my duty Sigs, and the Glock feels different than the M&P. Don't get in a big hurry to change things out. Put a few hundred more rounds through the M&P, and decide then if you need to change the trigger. Looks from the photos you posted that you are doing ok with the stock trigger!!

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Glad you love your M&P. Had a Glock of some sort for over 15 years, but fell in love with the M&P after shooting my wife's 9c. Traded my 19 for a 9c as well. I personally don't mind the trigger. I can feel a slight re-set and shoot it well. As with any gun, there are minor differences that you need to get used to. My double action revolvers felt different than the DA/SA of my duty Sigs, and the Glock feels different than the M&P. Don't get in a big hurry to change things out. Put a few hundred more rounds through the M&P, and decide then if you need to change the trigger. Looks from the photos you posted that you are doing ok with the stock trigger!!

I probably wont be messing with the trigger any time soon. It shoot very well the way it is. I may eventually do it to get a lighter pull but I may not. So far im 100% happy with it and definitely glad I got it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I probably wont be messing with the trigger any time soon. It shoot very well the way it is. I may eventually do it to get a lighter pull but I may not. So far im 100% happy with it and definitely glad I got it.

While the additional APEX parts aren't necessary, they do make the trigger more "Glock-like'. I like what they did for my M&P.

There are a few minor things that I also preferred about the stock M&P over the Glock when I made the switch.

• Hinged trigger vs. safety bar
    • Beavertail grip
    • Slimmer grip circumference/profile
    • Slick non-shrouded magazines
    • Magazine baseplates that allow for single-handed ripping

Last edited:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    While the additional APEX parts aren't necessary, they do make the trigger more "Glock-like'. I like what they did for my M&P.

There are a few minor things that I also preferred about the stock M&P over the Glock when I made the switch.

• Beavertail grip

I agree, the trigger isnt bad, just not what im used to.

Along with the things you liked about them over the glock, I also like the slide serrations better than the glock. Seems like you get alot better grip with them.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

• Hinged trigger vs. safety bar
    • Beavertail grip

I agree except for the BT..I shaved one of mine off.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Why didnt you like it?

I just did not feel that it was needed and wanted to remove it so that it was one less thing to get caught on a shirt or whatever, when drawing.

DSCN1100.jpg

Top Bottom