Smith and Wesson M&P40 full size spare parts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    What spare parts should i keep on hand for my full size Smith and Wesson M&P40 (I'm one of those crazy "Preppers" and would like to know what to keep on hand to replace if things break?)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    9mm M&P barrel and a couple of 9mm mags. Then you can shoot 9mm in the gun. Perfect for the prepper such as yourself. Or just in case you find a good deal on a bunch of 9mm ammo.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    9mm M&P barrel and a couple of 9mm mags. Then you can shoot 9mm in the gun. Perfect for the prepper such as yourself. Or just in case you find a good deal on a bunch of 9mm ammo.

Good idea, i'll check into that.. Any other "Weak" points on the gun to be aware of?

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    A spare striker assembly would be a good thing to add to your list.

Added to the list, keep the ideas coming people!! Do you think just stocking a extra set of all internals would be the best option? and maybe 2 extra of the striker and other major pieces?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would say springs would be something good to have on hand. Any small parts that could be lost easily. Honestly I have a lot of rounds through a Glock 23 and the only thing I have replaced has been the recoil spring. In fact it has never even been taken completely apart. Just field stripped and cleaned. If a person is really worried about their gun going down it might be time to consider a second gun. Maybe a fullsize M&P and a compact so that takes a lot of the same parts/mags.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Added to the list, keep the ideas coming people!! Do you think just stocking a extra set of all internals would be the best option? and maybe 2 extra of the striker and other major pieces?

Do you know how to change out all of the internals? A printed guide would be a good thing to have on hand if not.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Striker assembly and recoil spring assembly.

I replaced the recoil spring assembly on my FS M&P9 at about 7000 rounds. It wasn't effecting functionality, but it failed the "return to battery" test when held vertically with no mag.

Top Bottom