Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    SOLD (Thanks a lot, Gordon!)
    Smith & Wesson 642 Airweight .38 SPL +P

CONDITION: Like New in Box.

THE STORY: I bought this gun new. I fired about 20 shots from it on one occasion, and upon returning home cleaned it and put it in the safe. Months later I noticed that the finish looked darkened and stained in some places, presumably as a result of the cleaning product I had used (Hoppe’s# 9!). I never shot the gun again. Last month I decided to send it back to Smith & Wesson for a refinish, and to my surprise, instead of refinishing it they decided to replace the whole frame with a new, late model 642-2 one. So as it stands now, the gun is, in fact, a “factory new S&W 642-2 in never fired condition”, since only the barrel, cylinder and trigger mechanism were ever used before (and only for less than 25 shots!) You’ll agree with me when you see it, although I will provide the dated documents that back up what I say. The gun is in its original blue box with everything that came in the original package. I’ll throw in a box of Winchester Personal Protection 125 gr. .38 +P JHP to make the deal sweeter.

MY LOCATION: I’m in Muncie, but could travel a reasonable distance if necessary to meet the buyer half way.

THE PRICE is $360. Cash Only. Both a valid Indiana Driver’s License and a LTCH card must be presented to complete FTF transaction. If you don’t have them both, please don’t reply to this post or PM me. Thank you!

1183nma.jpg

2yzizq8.jpg

2r3bc0j.jpg

28cmrrk.jpg

iepjj7.jpg

34ht8op.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom