Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Shield EZ 9mm still a good option in 2023? Is this a good deal?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I don't really need another gun, but I came across this deal and wanted to see what you thought about it. Rural King has a S&W M&P 9 Shield EZ 9mm with a bag and extra magazines for $480, plus they have it linked to the promo S&W is running for three free magazines rebate with gun purchase. I checked the sku of the package, and it is listed as being qualified in the terms of the rebate. Am I wrong in thinking it would be possible to get the gun and 7 magazines for the $480 or am I misreading it?

Most of the reviews I have found for the Shield EZ 9mm are a couple of years old, anyone still use one? Do you still like it or has it be replaced by one of the newer options with a higher capacity?

https://www.rkguns.com/smith-wesson...July+2023&utm_content=2023-07-17+RKGuns+Sales

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I looked into them for my wife but I chose not to get one after handling/shooting it. I don't regret it one bit. Most slide racking issues can be fixed with proper technique (my 110lb wife can run everything in my safe...might not like shooting the .50 DE but she can cycle it) and the grip safety's an ergonomic nightmare: The grip isn't very small (front to rear due to the safety) and the top corner of the safety doesn't sit flush in the grip so it's stabbing the web of your thumb leading to modding it, bypassing it, or moving to a low (improper) grip. I hated the trigger on the Perf Center version I shot (too much wall for a heavy trigger/too heavy for a wall) and both my wife and my friend's wife (who owned the gun) had trouble shooting accurately because of it.

There is a newer version with a redesigned grip safety that isn't a train wreck, actually that one linked looks like the newer design so it might be worth a try.

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I looked into them for my wife but I chose not to get one after handling/shooting it. I don't regret it one bit. Most slide racking issues can be fixed with proper technique (my 110lb wife can run everything in my safe...might not like shooting the .50 DE but she can cycle it) and the grip safety's an ergonomic nightmare: The grip isn't very small (front to rear due to the safety) and the top corner of the safety doesn't sit flush in the grip so it's stabbing the web of your thumb leading to modding it, bypassing it, or moving to a low (improper) grip. I hated the trigger on the Perf Center version I shot (too much wall for a heavy trigger/too heavy for a wall) and both my wife and my friend's wife (who owned the gun) had trouble shooting accurately because of it.

There is a newer version with a redesigned grip safety that isn't a train wreck, actually that one linked looks like the newer design so it might be worth a try.
    Thanks for your thoughts, I apricate it. I ended up waiting, I would rather get a gun I really want, then just get one because it on sale.

Top Bottom