• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    What's the odds of finding one at the Indy 1500? Or any place for that matter.

They were selling the ORC for ~$800 and the sports for around $600 prior to the madness. I'm ready for the prices to settle for sure!

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I hate to say this but dont even look for an AR right now unless you want to spend at least $1500. Its stupid i know....but thats what the market is demanding right now. Just wait and the insanity will settle down and you can pick one up for a more reasonable price down the road.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I've got a little ammo and 2 mags.... But I agree that it isn't the best time to buy, my thoughts are that if I find a deal I'll get it if not I'll wait.

If anyone hears of a good deal pass it this way lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've got a little ammo and 2 mags.... But I agree that it isn't the best time to buy, my thoughts are that if I find a deal I'll get it if not I'll wait.

If anyone hears of a good deal pass it this way lol

You will not find any deals right now or in the near future. It is what it is. I have been offered silly money for my AR's and not interested in selling any of them right now.
    I have one almost complete and waiting on the upper. It is supposed to be in the mail...we will see. It may be for sale as the brother in law can not afford it now. I was building it for him at cost.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    What's the odds of finding one at the Indy 1500? Or any place for that matter.

They were selling the ORC for ~$800 and the sports for around $600 prior to the madness. I'm ready for the prices to settle for sure!

Probably, at LEAST DOUBLE that, now ..... If you can find one .... I would SAVE the money, and wait, a little while, and see if the "madness" calms down ..... JMHO, :twocents: :yesway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably, at LEAST DOUBLE that, now ..... If you can find one .... I would SAVE the money, and wait, a little while, and see if the "madness" calms down ..... JMHO, :twocents: :yesway:

I agree it isn't a good time to buy one right now. Unfortunately can any of us say that this is going to calm down. Obama/Biden have pledged they are going to get some comprehensive gun control through. If we are able to prevent it from getting passed this month or next, are they going to give up. I don't think so. Even if we make it a year, then we will start ramping up for the next Congressional elections... So even if no AWB gets passed, I think this is going to continue until Obama is out.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I agree it isn't a good time to buy one right now. Unfortunately can any of us say that this is going to calm down. Obama/Biden have pledged they are going to get some comprehensive gun control through. If we are able to prevent it from getting passed this month or next, are they going to give up. I don't think so. Even if we make it a year, then we will start ramping up for the next Congressional elections... So even if no AWB gets passed, I think this is going to continue until Obama is out.

This mirrors my thinking. I got screwed by the madness hitting the week before I received the money needed to buy the AR I had researched and decided to buy. Once I had cash in hand, nothing could be found but hyper expensive custom jobs or crap guns at gouged prices.

I will be taking my cash to the indy 1500 cause I refuse to miss the boat when/if the gun grabbers get their way - I just hope that a deal not equating to highway robbery can be had.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    This is a debate my coworkers and I have every night!

I wish it was definite on whether or not we'd see a ban, but to be honest we'll never evade the definitive war against our amendments.

Top Bottom