• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011

Because that's what I want and that's what I've decided on.

I don't buy my guns to be like everyone else, have what everyone else has or to impress anyone else; I buy them for me, because that's what I want. I happen to like a few features the DE model has over the Walther P99 (they aren't exactlly the same) and the DE .50 is about half-way paid for in my savings for a boar hunting trip planned for this Fall.

I just want a dealer, ANY dealer to take my money so I can buy the dang thing..... I've learned the firearm industry certainly has it's quirks in the overall customer service department compared to the high-end racing industry I just came from and owned a 10-year business in, that's for sure.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    :rolleyes:

Because that's what I want and that's what I've decided on.

I don't buy my guns to be like everyone else, have what everyone else has or to impress anyone else; I buy them for me, because that's what I want. I happen to like a few features the DE model has over the Walther P99 (they aren't exactlly the same) and the DE .50 is about half-way paid for in my savings for a boar hunting trip planned for this Fall.

I just want a dealer, ANY dealer to take my money so I can buy the dang thing..... I've learned the firearm industry certainly has it's quirks in the overall customer service department compared to the high-end racing industry I just came from and owned a 10-year business in, that's for sure.

Didn't mean to offend you with the response to check out walther. Where are you located, I might be able to help you out.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Sorry for the snappy reply, no offense taken- I'm just frustrated on how hard it can be in the firearm/shooting industry to actually buy something and for a dealer (who's supposed to be there to take your money and make a living) sell something to someone.

In my former business, we would trip all over ourselves to compete to get the next customer- especially those with a wad of cash just burning a big hole in their pocket and when the "doorbell rang", we answered with glee...everytime!

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I did see that and it was my second choice, as I like to give my local gun stores the person-to-person business first before I go to the online stores. It looks like I may have to resort to ordering online if no wants my cash around here.

Thanks for the link just the same. :)

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Sorry for the snappy reply, no offense taken- I'm just frustrated on how hard it can be in the firearm/shooting industry to actually buy something and for a dealer (who's supposed to be there to take your money and make a living) sell something to someone.

In my former business, we would trip all over ourselves to compete to get the next customer- especially those with a wad of cash just burning a big hole in their pocket and when the "doorbell rang", we answered with glee...everytime!

Thats something you have to deal with. 9/10 gunshops and their employees are some of the biggest dicks you'll ever meet. Just remember they need business, you don't need theirs. Go find another shop willing to help you out. IWI/IMI is one of the harder firearms to get ahold of.
    I walked into a shop a few weeks back willing to drop upto 1,000 on a suppressor and they basically told me to **** off. Someone walks up to me with 1,000 id sell him anything he wanted. I went else where and they were more than happy to help me out.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Ended up buying the Desert Eagle MR9 about a month ago and I haven't been this happy with a handgun purchase in a LONG time... Took it right out of the case and ran approx. 300 rounds through it without one single, lone malfunction of any kind what-so-ever. Manufacturing and machining quality of this thing are EXCELLENT, which is about par for a German designed/influenced firearm. :)

Just today I've pulled it down to the bare frame/grip to do my ubiquitus "fluff-n-buff" I always do to all of my guns, just to make sure they are deburred and polished to function in top-notch operation. It's kind of a complex sucker, but I love learning new things about guns- especially my own.

Awesome, comfortable gun, superbly accurate and excellent ergonomics. Highly recommended for anyone one the fence about one and this is probably the best handgun I own right now! :cool:

Top Bottom