• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I hate smoking, it's disgusting and I wish people would stop. I'm glad restaurants choose to segregate the smoking sections so I don't have to smell it.

That said... The state should not be in the business of banning it. Glad this is getting killed. It's a damn slippery slope when we start banning things we don't like. It makes us no better than the people we all are against.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Even where the smoking is segregated, my wife and I can smell it. We avoid places like that, plenty of places are no smoking and that's where we choose to spend our money.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    YEAH FOR FREEDOM! :rockwoot:

Yes, they can die quicker.
    They have that right if they want it.

Every law passed is a further infringement on your freedoms.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    For ONCE all this B.S. politicking may work in OUR favor, and kill some bad legislation.

This has nothing to do with smoking being "bad" - we all know it is. This is all about the role of government in the lives of private citizens. It just isn't their business.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I hate smoking, it's disgusting and I wish people would stop. I'm glad restaurants choose to segregate the smoking sections so I don't have to smell it.

That said... The state should not be in the business of banning it. Glad this is getting killed. It's a damn slippery slope when we start banning things we don't like. It makes us no better than the people we all are against.

This.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    For ONCE all this B.S. politicking may work in OUR favor, and kill some bad legislation.

This has nothing to do with smoking being "bad" - we all know it is. This is all about the role of government in the lives of private citizens. It just isn't their business.

i agree! smoking is disgusting, but yea more government control....... yea not so good. government control stinks worse than smokers....

jake

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Smoking has done nothing but cause grief for me. I don't smoke. I never have, and I never will. I've lost three family members to lung cancer resulting from smoking. I've been burned and had clothes ruined countless times by careless smokers. I grew up in a house filled with smoke 24x7. Not a day goes by that I don't see someone littering cigarette butts out the window of their car. I can't walk five feet down a forest trail without seeing cigarette litter. The smell of the smoke gets everywhere. It gets in my clothes, in my hair, everywhere. I can smell it on the highway when a car 100 yards ahead of me has a smoker in it. I DESPISE smoking.

I STILL don't think the government has any business banning it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Smoking has done nothing but cause grief for me. I don't smoke. I never have, and I never will. I've lost three family members to lung cancer resulting from smoking. I've been burned and had clothes ruined countless times by careless smokers. I grew up in a house filled with smoke 24x7. Not a day goes by that I don't see someone littering cigarette butts out the window of their car. I can't walk five feet down a forest trail without seeing cigarette litter. The smell of the smoke gets everywhere. It gets in my clothes, in my hair, everywhere. I can smell it on the highway when a car 100 yards ahead of me has a smoker in it. I DESPISE smoking.

:+1:

I agree with scutter01

Sure would be nice if the Gov't allowed us to have a free Country again

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

AMEN !!!!!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I suppose they will ban smoking someday in the future. But for now, business can decide for themselves - and many have decided to disallow smoking in their bar or restaurant (+1).

Learn this from the future smoking ban: The people that push hard on this (that is: the lobbyists the lawyers and the authoritarians), they will not retire to some far away island together and congratulate each other and bask in their victory against private businesses.

They will stay in Indiana and move on to the next thing that bothers them when they need something to do with their lives.

That next thing could be firearms, or anything that they feel like attacking.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    LEaSH;2664461 Learn this from the future smoking ban: The people that push hard on this (that is: the lobbyists the lawyers and the authoritarians) said:
    someone mentioned "the slippery slope" earlier. i think it would be more like a ski jump or mountain for us to tumble down more than a slope.

jake

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    I will be glad when the ban goes down in flames. It has nothing to do about smoking and everything to do with limiting property rights. I do not smoke, but I do not have to go to places that allow it. I don't allow it in my house, but if you choose to, then go right ahead and do it on your property.

Politicians could have such a sweet deal. If they would show up and pass a balanced budget and deal with whatever little stuff needs to be dealt with, they could spend most of their time on the golf course. All they need to do to make their lives and the citizens lives better is to stop putting their noses in other people's business.

Top Bottom