Smoking Gun: Democrat Insider Says "Obama Has Secret Plan to Fund a Patronage System"

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    But i think we can stick to being the few critiquing the O-man, rather than joining the millions of idiots who had plenty of things to say about Bush.

I have no problem critiqueing somebody who deserves it. Obama really hasn't done much to be critiqued on yet. The people here were making up stuff, some pretty silly & outlandish, even before he took office about stuff he never even said that he was going to do.

The O-man is a communist.

That is a ridiculous thing to say & only an opinion. He's as communist as Bush was a fascist.

The people need to hear that. The people need to know that communism is not good for America.

Communism is bad just like fascism was.

Sounds kind of like the childish "my dads bigger than your dad & will beat up your dad" stuff.

Really, to be taken seriously by "the people" who need to hear you if those things really come to pass then you need to try to stick to real things not outlandish, "the sky is falling " rhetoric. People really like Obama, just like people liked Bush until he showed his true colors. The liberals did the same thing & the middle of the roaders just ignored them until way too far along in Bush's Presidency to do anything about it. If you want the same thing to happen to your message then go ahead & rant on about stuff that makes you look like childish sore-losers. Don't expect people to just bow down & listen when the Republicans/conservatives have lost most of their credibility with "the people" because of the actions of Bush & his neo-cons over the last 8 years.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Don't expect people to just bow down & listen when the Republicans/conservatives have lost most of their credibility with "the people" because of the actions of Bush & his neo-cons over the last 8 years.

Paul Weyrich: I don't think that you could make that case. Certainly, neoconservatives were pushing for this war. But Vice President Cheney was the principal proponent of the war. He is certainly not a neoconservative. The president himself made the decisions. He's not a neoconservative. There are any number of people in the administration -- Condoleezza Rice, for example -- who were very much in favor of the war but who are not neoconservatives.

Conservative pundit Paul Weyrich was a standard bearer for more than 30 years. He cofounded both the Heritage Foundation and the Moral Majority. "We are different from previous generations of conservatives. We are no longer working to preserve the status quo. We are radicals, working to overturn the present power structure of this country."

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    :rolleyes: It's the politicians way.

Bush & his Republican colleagues in Congress presided over the biggest increase in national debt in history. Anybody remember the Alaskan "bridge to nowhere". Just because your memory is selective doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You don't think that Bush hiring a bunch of his buddies from Texas or the Neo-cons or the people from past Republican administrations wasn't some kind of a "patronage system". :dunno: Come on.

I will have to agree with you about politicians, but Bush's national debt was due to him signing the congressional budgets, new social spending, and the war. This new wrinkle in spending with more to come (and it will come), will dwarf the Bush years.

The problem people have with your writing finity is that it continually sounds like you are trying to defeat Bush, at least that is the way it comes across. He is gone. I would wish that those who were dismayed with the spending during the Bush years would be just as, or not if more, upset with the current administration's spending, but that is not happening, at least on the Democrat side. It is a given the Republicans will be upset since they are a minority, but the Democrats I know are now doing the Bush defense for Obama.

The arrogance during the last full Democrat control of the House and Senate has come back with a vengance and it is not a pretty sight. After listening to both sides, I side more with the laissez-faire approach to the economy instead of central bureaucratic control. These things have always waxed and waned and the economy is always stronger when the govt doesn't prop up the loosers.

If anything, I am a strong believer in freedom and have chosen to be a Libertarian because of that. If the republicans now in power were actually conservatives that believed in the conservative ideal of a limited federal government and limited spending, then I would more support them than the democrats but that is not the case. There is no real difference in the outcome, only the rhetoric.

Sigh! In my humble opinion, there were no real good choices this election. I never liked McCain and didn't even know who Obama was (nobody really did) other than his voting record, which to me was abysmal. That gave only one choice, McCain. Sort of like holding your nose and pulling the lever. This is not to disrespect McCain's service to our country, just that I believe he is just another politician.

Any politician that gets to Washington, sells his soul to get there. You can tell when a politician lies, his lips are moving, etc. Most senators can never get elected as President because, as Senators, they have to compromise to get a bill passed. This is always used against them. This time we had two Senators competing for POTUS. The big advantage Obama had was that he had such a slim record as a Senator that there was little to use against him. His inexperience is already showing.

Again, I will say that I fear for our country as the new bureaucracies put in place by the current administration will never go away and the new "welfare" to workers that do not pay taxes will become a new expectation. If you look at the stimulus package, much of it goes to government salaries, a one time expansion that will be hard to scale back and will become the benchmark for new budgets. There is much in it that will reward people for bad behavior. The new welfare spending in the bill will have the states competing for the money by signing up as many as they can on the welfare roles.

Beware of what you wish, for you may get it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom